• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT Kit installed - Way Lower in the REAR?

Yep, that makes sense. Like I said, it's pretty stupid to forget, but physically possible at least. I agree you shouldn't have had to pay anyone else to fix this extreme mistake. But I'm glad you got it resolved.

the front springs take twice as long to "settle" in on most cars i've noticed.

my front end keeps getting lower with my eibach springs. which is nice because most eibach setups butt sag like those bat springs looked before you fixed it :)

OK...staying at a hotel, but I finally had time at the same time the rain wasn't coming down. So here's a profile shot 4 weeks post-install. I've finally come to terms with the fact that this is how it's supposed to be.

DSCN0115.jpg

IMG%5D

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlo...490&callout=11&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I looked at this diagram and found that something was not installed and they forgot to put it back. I can't think of any other reason why the rear is sitting like that. The front is on par and took my car about a year to even begin settling and i commute 20 miles back and forth a day. Let us know of your interventions and solutions.

Same exact issue as you, expect I was to blame.
I ordered all the stuff from BAT and thought that is all I would need.
I asembled everything before hand so the install would go quicker.
It is all fixed now.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlo...490&callout=11&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I looked at this diagram and found that something was not installed and they forgot to put it back. I can't think of any other reason why the rear is sitting like that. The front is on par and took my car about a year to even begin settling and i commute 20 miles back and forth a day. Let us know of your interventions and solutions.
Did the work myself, double-checked each step, and had no left over parts. If you ignore the tire to metal gaps it sits level. It's just the way it looks. My only concern now is I wish I could stop rear sag when I load the trunk for a week away or carry multiple passengers.

Here is a pick the same day I installed the BAT kit. I'll have another one here in a few days. I just got my g-force tires mounted on my 17's and I put them on the car today so I'll snap a pic tomorrow sometime and put it up.

batoverallpv6.jpg

Back