• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bad news guys

What the hell, it's Christmas ... here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Manny+Cruz+Crank+Problem

as you can see in these search results, Cruz had mutiple crank problem ... keep in mind, the class he is running in is putting down roughly 7.5-6.8 second 1/4 mile runs ... care to figure out the horsepower? I stand behind my statement that 900+ whp (notice the plus sign) is attainable on a stock 3L forged crank.

The crank is good (in my educated opinion) for 900/1000 HP. it can surely attain MUCH more, but 1000 would be a "safe" level (if 1000 is ever considered "restrained, that is.. lol)

the pistons, rods, and the like aren't as strong but are much stronger than most thought/think. The crank isn't a problem for ANY member of CEG/NECO/FCO, etc.

It helps not to be SO condemning, SO fast.

if you really think your oil was too thin, you need to step up to from an Xw30 to an Xw40 or higher. At 100+ degrees, a 5w30 and 10w30 are have the same viscosity, the difference in the two multi-weight oils is in the sub 100 degree temp. viscosity, where 5w would be thinner than 10w.

For sake of discussion, a 5w30 and 5w40 will both measure the same viscosity at say 50 degrees, but at say 115 degrees the 30 will be thinner than the 40.

if you really think your oil was too thin, you need to step up to from an Xw30 to an Xw40 or higher. At 100+ degrees, a 5w30 and 10w30 are have the same viscosity, the difference in the two multi-weight oils is in the sub 100 degree temp. viscosity, where 5w would be thinner than 10w.

For sake of discussion, a 5w30 and 5w40 will both measure the same viscosity at say 50 degrees, but at say 115 degrees the 30 will be thinner than the 40.

Good points. I responded to your information you put up in the other thread but this is more or less what I was trying to say even though you said it better here.

Back