• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bad Clutch

Hello Bolt99csvt you know the last picture of the shift cable ends, can u buy them seprately so that u only get both cable ends instead of the whole cable assembly, if so is it from fords or is there another place that sells them and if so how much do they cost? Any info appreciated thanks :)

Hey Fred,

Sorry for my late reply...I've been away from the comp all weekend.

Yes, you can get the shift cable end separate (thats the whole white part in the pic). The orange peice is the "button" that holds it onto the cable. There's 2 cables that I saw, near eachother.
I had to get it right from Ford dealer. I only paid $10 for the cable end, but I get a discount, so I don't know how much the mark-up is.
You might be able to get hooked up with Bill Jenkins from Team Ford Parts (702-395-5173), but I'm not positive. You can do a search for him. He is mentioned all over the CEG.
Hope this helps.

Frank

Bill Jenkins(Team Ford Las Vegas)
Steve (Tousley Ford, White Bear Lake, MN)

Both contacts are in the Duratec Maintenance forum, under the "read first" thread..

thanks for the reply guys, if i were to call them two u think they will give me a bit of a discount for being in the contour forums? That would be really good and also are they easy to take off and refit, i think im going to change mine becaues my top one keeps poping off and i know i can cable tie it onto the end but id rather have it proper on there if this makes sense, so replacing both is probrably a good idea, any info appreciated thanks :)

thanks for the reply guys, if i were to call them two u think they will give me a bit of a discount for being in the contour forums? That would be really good and also are they easy to take off and refit, i think im going to change mine becaues my top one keeps poping off and i know i can cable tie it onto the end but id rather have it proper on there if this makes sense, so replacing both is probrably a good idea, any info appreciated thanks :)

Yea they should hook you up if you mention the CEG.

They are fairly easy to replace....the orange part in the pic is actually like a "button" to allow taking off the cable end.

Back