• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:bah:
I contacted the TR's manager via email to see what kind of a heads up they'd like from us due to our size party.
Here's his response:

I am sorry Kim, I cannot accommodate a party of 30. If you came here, you
would be sat at 5 or 6 different tables and wouldn't be near eachother.

So sorry we cant accommodate you,
Dave Neveux
Managing Partner
We'll just play it by ear I guess. I'm hoping that since we'll be arriving before the dinner rush that they'll be able to group us into a single area of the restaurant.
We shall see.

If not, there are a multitude of other restaurants in the area. That's pretty silly they're not willing to reserve for large parties.

I responded telling him that we weren't expecting them to roll out the banquet style tables or anything, I was just giving them a heads up to be ready for us because we're bringing our appetites. :cool: :D

I am sorry Kim, I cannot accommodate a party of 30. If you came here, you
would be sat at 5 or 6 different tables and wouldn't be near eachother.

See, I don't understand that at all. The place is big enough where they could section it off for the night. We know its going to be a solid 30 people, which means lots of business for them and lots of $$$. We also aren't going at peak times like 6-8pm, I mean, we would be there at like 5 right and stay to about 7ish. They wouldn't be losing any money on us unless we stiffed them. Oh well, i guess its not a big deal anyway.

yeah I'm kinda irked by it too. Everytime I've been to a Roadhouse, there's always a couple large parties waiting for seating. They're usually parties of 12, which I know isn't the same as a party of 30, but still, that's at peak dinner hours, and it never seems to be a problem.
Apparently the potential $600-700 in sales is not enough for him to want to accomodate us.

He told me to call him, but I didn't get the message til now.
I'll try to call tomorrow or something.

Matt, any suggestions on these "other" Worcester area restaurants that'd be happy to slurp up our hundreds of dollars?

I have never been to Texas Roadhouse so I'm definitely all for that.

But if we arrive there and happen to find there is no seating, or whatever, there are several similar (I believe) restaurants in central MA.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...7749&sspn=0.008923,0.018711&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1
For example, Bugaboo Creek is nearby, and the Longhorn is 20 mins drive away (off Rt 146). All sorts of standard places like Applebees, Ruby Tuesday and TGI Fridays and stuff too.

Additionally, there are others within walking distance of the Roadhouse. (Though it may be best to just wait for tables at that point)

As a personal recommendation, my favorite in the northern Worcester area is O'Connor's. The food has an Irish flair so you can view the menu (linked) and see if appropriate. (Trust me it's delicious ;) ) They do take reservations.

All told, I don't want to detract from the Roadhouse since I'm excited to try it out. But these are available alternatives.

Last edited:
Well, my roommate is from Dudley, Ma, which is right next to Shrewsbury and Worcester.

I talked to him about the area, which I have been to a lot. Right off of 290 is some good restaurants. Exit 16 or SHrewsbury street. I do know there is a 99 right off of exit 16, which is also near the centrum center.
Not sure if this is something you guys are interested in, just a suggestion. Maybe there is someone from this area who knows it a lot better than me.

I'm still all for TR, I've never been to one.

This was just a random search around the area, these aren't really "commercial" restaurants.
Map Of Restaurants and area around 290

Last edited:
i get out of work at 5pm saturday.... how late are you guy planning on having this till?

ill do everything i can to get there because im pretty surprised at the amount of poeple signed up already, i wouldnt want to miss that.

Probably not too late, unless people decide last minute to go elsewhere after dinner.
We'd probably be finished eating by the time you're able to make it over the restaurant.

what time is this happening? i get out of work at 5pm so if you guys are still aorund that area ill come by.

:shrug:

So I finally had a chance to call Dave at the Roadhouse.
I can understand his concerns. He was under the impression that we're insisting on being sat all in the same section and all at the same time. Which is asking a lot, and I'm well aware of that.
He said even at 4-4:30 on a Saturday, the restaurant can get pretty full.
He also said that the seating layout in his restaurant is different/smaller than some of the other Roadhouses (he even mentioned Methuen's awesome set up for large parties, which was the site of our old digs).

So he said if we're really set on doing the Roadhouse for dinner, the best he could do is split us up into groups of 6 people, perhaps more for different sections. He really can't guarantee that we'll all be sat in the same section of the restaurant due to the fact that they're already so busy at that time of day on a Saturday.
But he said if that's fine with us, then he's fine with us coming, and they'll do their best to make us happy that day.

So it's up to you guys.
I love the Roadhouse, love the atmosphere, love the food, etc.
The way I see it, we'll already have spent a few hours hanging out together at the bowling alley, so it's not going to be a huge importance to also be seated together for dinner. There's only so much interaction you can do while seated at a table with food in your mouth anyway. :D

Those are just my thoughts though.
Feel free to offer up your thoughts/opinions etc.
We still have a decent amount of time ahead of us to make arrangements for a different restaurant, if you guys so choose.

I'm trying to get my nephew to go with his girl too. His SVT is back on the road thanks to Aircougar. He may have to work so I'm going to talk to him this weekend.

I think we should meet somewhere along Rt 5, either in Enfield or Longmeadow, but that's just my opinion. It's right next to the highway :shrug:

Elky, still wnt that EO wheel? I'll plan on bringing it with me for the meet if you do.

Back