• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

As much fun as SZ was this year...

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
...it just wasn't the same without the CCEG contingent there. :nonono:

Joe and I talked about it a little on Saturday and we both agreed it would have been better to have all you guys there too. It just wasn't the same without Kevin, Hector, Steve, M!key, and all the rest of you.

You better not miss it again next year.

you know i would have been there but i had a subbie event the same weekend. next year for sure. maybe i can make it to gulf coast thunder!

Yah, Crispy, Wane and the rest mentioned.... It is just not the same. 75% of our crew was MIA :cry:

I needed a year off from SZ even though I wanted to go, not to mention I am in the middle of swapping a 3L into my SVT. I wasn't really interested in driving the SE out there again either. Maybe Snorts and I will make an appearance next year.

It won't happen. apparently they have already started the planning for SZ '09 for michigan again. It is the same handfull deciding every year instead of having a poll set up in the spring zing forum..... :mad:

Well, it is a great location. The NEers don't have to drive another 5 hours.

What if people from the west coast wanted to come...? Drive time can go either way depending on where your from...

It won't happen. apparently they have already started the planning for SZ '09 for michigan again. It is the same handfull deciding every year instead of having a poll set up in the spring zing forum..... :mad:

I agree...

actually, us NE people discussed '09 with Trapps, WorldTour, Todd, and others, and they were all open to suggestions.
They do have some pretty cool ideas lined up, but they're just ideas right now. Nothing is set in stone. Even Kansas City was discussed as an option, and that's a frickin 23 hour drive for NE. Carlisle was also discussed as an option (kind of a dual purpose SZ).
I urged that they be more open to outside suggestion this year. Everyone definitely does not want to repeat the same mistakes as last year.

Pole and I have pretty much made a standing offer to host SZ in the Milwaukee area. We'd have everything except a road course (unless one of you rich bastards wants to front the money to reserve Road America) all within 20-30 minutes of the hotel/airport. We would also have plenty of alternative events to plan for those who didn't want to attend things like the dyno.

Having said that, Spring Zing is a Michigan tradition. As long as there's someone there who will organize the event and not screw it up, I will make the drive.

Just combine it with (or mimic) the Midwest Subaru Shoot-out that Mikey was involved with..

fuggin blast I tell ya -- not to mention alot of great track time.. Maybe you could work that and autocross at Miller Park into something?

Pole and I have pretty much made a standing offer to host SZ in the Milwaukee area. We'd have everything except a road course (unless one of you rich bastards wants to front the money to reserve Road America) all within 20-30 minutes of the hotel/airport. We would also have plenty of alternative events to plan for those who didn't want to attend things like the dyno.

Having said that, Spring Zing is a Michigan tradition. As long as there's someone there who will organize the event and not screw it up, I will make the drive.

But I don't want to get shot in Milwaukee :laugh:

Back