• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

Did you see me drive past you ? i was going North through the Light at unionhills and 7th ave. i turned around and actually went to follow you. but you turned into like 16th ave or something into a neighborhood, and i didnt want to frighten you :laugh:

Weird... I came out of the Safeway at 32nd St & Sweetwater and saw a silver CSVT (E0) parking behind me. It had a crack (with missing paint) in the middle of the rear bumper... and the girl didn't seem like much of an enthusiast type.

I know who owns that car she lives on 32nd st and greenway they used to be my old neighbors it has a big dent in the back bumper i was talking to her husband and he was askingme where he could get a replacement

I was on my way to one of my brothers house on the way west side (Surprise) and saw a black CSVT at Bell & El Mirage. Un-tinted windows.... I'm wondering if it was the one that used to be near me.

On a worse note... I was heading over there so he could replace my leaking tranny seal. After he pulled the drivers-side axle, he saw that the axle wasn't inserted all the way in... so the splines were all worn. So this is just another item on the long list of f00kups the tranny company did to my car. Oh, also the inner CV boot clamp wasn't tight and the boot was empty! So even though I had gotten new axles right before my tranny died about 1-1/2 years ago, I need new ones again. I also noticed that I don't have much rubber left in my a-arms. I hate spending money on non-performance parts! :mad:

heheh... well, I'm still romping on it. I *should* be able to just get 1 axle, so that'll save me some $$. The a-arms... I'm pretty sure I'm going with bradness's reinforced arms, though that Cougar guys tubular+heim a-arm looks pretty nice....

yay!

yay!

We got Justin's shift tower off today! Everything looks good.... the bolt head was intact and looked like it mated up with its other 1/2 -- no missing pieces.

I'd like to find the Ford engineer who designed that tower and punch him in the eye!

lol, yeah for sure. thanks again for your help Scott, hopefully we can get her running by tonight. :D got my new battery, waiting on new spark plug wires, new oval grill, 'throttle hang' fix :cool:

I posted a "spotted" thread for the copper/metallic orange-y :) ? colored SVTC I saw on I-10 near the airport. Wish I would have had a minute so I could snap a pic but it wasn't happening. Car was definitely modified....hood scoop, rims etc. I didn't get to see the plate so not sure if it's a local or not. Anyone know who's car this is?

Yay... just got back from Mighty Muffler. They welded on some items that I've been needing.

They replaced the OEM resonator and the SVT crush bent piping in front of it :)rolleyes:), with the Magnaflow alot of people here use. Haven't really had a chance to get on it much.. but it does sound louder.

They welded on a bung so I can finally hook up my wideband.

They welded on my rear strut tower brace brackets, that I haven't been able to use since I installed the H&R springs. Those springs are wider than the SVT springs and were hitting the bolts that the brackets were held in by... so I had to remove them.

Now I can finally mark off all that stuff on my todo list :)

Sounds good man, you should hit up some SoloII events this spring. Things are looking good for my Cougar, I've gotten alot of responses for my Corolla I'm selling, so as soon as its gone I'll have the money to fix the Cougar! I could be as little as a week and a half away from having my baby back, finally!

It does suck having a car down for that long.. I'm sure you can't wait.

For soloII stuff, I'm not going to be able to do that until I replace my axles and a-arms. I should be able to order those in about 2 weeks... and hopefully swap them in shortly after that. I cannot wait to tear up those STX guys. There's no doubt in my mind that I couldn't have had 1st, or at least 2nd place last season if: my brakes were working properly, my handling wasn't erratic (sloppy a-arm bushings), and my power was where it was supposed to be. I now have alot of that power back (new tune and stuff) and my brakes started behaving much better after the new tune (kind of odd).

Yep, I really think I can be very competitive in STS when I get back up and running, I'm very excited. It won't be the 3L monster I initially was wanting, but it should still be a very fun car to drive. Plus I only have 5 more months of car payments left, which should open up some more extensive mods for me (or build this other Cougar into a track car, either way).

Sail-Panels

Sail-Panels

Hey anybody got a spare set of sail-panels. i could have ? i want to paint and clear them. mine are textured so it'd be too much of a pain in the :censored: to sand and smooth them. if you do gimme a call 602-423-8707 :D

Back