• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have pics/info on this hood?

Does water get under the hood with that opening really easy?

Yes, I rock mine year round and when it rains or snows I get quite a bit in there... until it dries completely it will smoke out of those vents while the car is running...

same with a car wash.... alot of water gets in there

I was thinking of attempting to line it with cardboard now that its in below zero temps.

thats the only beef I have with the hood... otherwise I really like it... I've had other hoods on my Cougar with vents but none of them ever let this much water into the engine.. I think its because of the angle and roundness of the Contour.

BTW -- its TopShop and I believe they are still in talks about making the eyelids for the car..

As far as a hood I think if they would do anything like that it would be after they see some serious sales and interest with us... it costs money to make products and I'm sure they would rather make things for a new hot platform vs one that is dead -- we've been out of production longer than the Cougar and we are a different group of individuals than they are. I dont think they sold as many pieces for that car that they hoped for -- I see them posting discounts and deals all the time almost begging for sales on products they have sitting.

Water does get in there as stated, but it's never been a problem for me, personally. It's not like the whole engine bay is sealed anyway, water can get almost anywhere just spraying up from underneath. Any water that comes in the vents on mine has always gone essentially onto the front side of the front bank. Just for kicks, here's a pic of mine:
contour_01.jpg

Last edited:
the placement of the vent is such that it'll hit the plastic imrc cover at most, and run down the front of the engine. it's not a big deal.

Could someone photoshop it onto a t-red svt please...the hood being red also not carbon fiber?

Could someone photoshop it onto a t-red svt please...the hood being red also not carbon fiber?

does it really make a difference if you cant buy it? I had the hardest time even finding a page online who advertised the hood so I could claim the mesh damage from when it got hit by a hail storm...

I dont think its made anymore or its so hit and miss with the overseas containers that its out of stock everyone almost all the time.

I'll email Craig Flango at Krazy Kustoms to see if knows anything about the hood as I bought mine thru him when he worked at KIT which later went out of business ...

email sent... asked if he still is in contact with Aerogear/Wayson and if they would be interested in a group buy on the hood in fiberglass and/or carbon fiber again...

Craig used to have the hood listed on his site for sale but no longer does... I'll let you guys know what I find out... If he can get it I will most likely buy 1 more in whatever material I can have more easily.

I may have tracked down the hoods in fiberglass. :p Don't PM me asking though! I'm waiting until mine arrives so I can confirm if it's available or not.

email sent... asked if he still is in contact with Aerogear/Wayson and if they would be interested in a group buy on the hood in fiberglass and/or carbon fiber again...

Craig used to have the hood listed on his site for sale but no longer does... I'll let you guys know what I find out... If he can get it I will most likely buy 1 more in whatever material I can have more easily.

I would really like to get one of these. I would prefer carbon Fibre but if I can only get Fiberglass that is ok also.

I heard back from Craig and he gave me a little info on when the next shipment is arriving at his location... The hood is available but most likely just in limited qnty's as it gets shipped from overseas.

He's currently working up a quote for me :)

i don't know who's in posession of the mold, but i don't think anyone is willing to stick their neck out like they did for the original GB.

the only reason people got their hoods was to avoid legal action.

I'll see what I can find out and see if we can do some sort of GB or see about getting a full container sent or something thru Craig...

All I know is that he confirmed a particular qnty on a particular day in his shipment for me and right now I'm waiting on a quote

Dont get all excited yet though.. the 1st hood I ordered got trashed by DHL and I never heard back on the claim so after a quote of 800.00 to fix the hood from a shop I ended up fixing it myself because the next container was 6 months out.

I have no problem being the test rabbit on another order for the same hood.. I'm hoping all arrives fine and that perhaps it wont be as long of a wait for a replacement if anything does happen.

Last edited:
I talked to Craig again and he said that they are going to be adding the hood back to their website shortly ( http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/ ) at $299

Apparently the only reason why they were getting a shipment of these hoods is because they presold one locally and ordered another just to have a backup for the person if it arrived damaged. The shipment arrives today or tomorrow and if both hoods arrived ok in the container then its mine.

I'm currently working with him to see if I could set up a Group Buy with him for the hood as he said that he could order more if the person who wants one paid 50% down with a 6-8 week time frame for the container to arrive.

I also asked if the hood is available in CF too...

I'll continue to keep you guys updated and make a GB thread if he's interested in working a larger qnty out with us.

Confirmed!

Confirmed!

There will be a group buy on this hood shortly... Craig confirmed he would be willing to do it with me..

He is waiting on the new pricing information and should have it next week... after that I told him to get ahold of me so we can work out the details..

He did state that we would have to order the hoods in multiples of 5's so it makes the most efficient use of the container as shipping alone on that container is over 2K

I'm also waiting to see if he can get the hood in CF or if its just going to strictly be available to us in Fiberglass.

Should I make a new thread to see the interest or wait until I get all the details before I go forward?

Back