• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone close to Murrysville, PA

svtfan22

CEG'er
Ok so if there is anyone close too or in Murrysville I'm interested in a car there and was hoping maybe someone could check it out. I'm willing to compensate within reason if the cars turns out to be as good as it looks. I want this car for a daily driver so it doesnt have to be perfect but it need to be good for me to drive 4 hours to get it.

If anyone can help out that would be great. I'll bring you a case of beer of your choice haha. If not no big deal. Thanks all and pm me if interested payment is negotiable.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=259461601&dealer_id=583867&car_year=1998&rdm=1242834884833&model=CONTOUR&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__c3Z0__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=115118116&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=57996639&showZipError=y&make=FORD&keywords_display=svt&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14304&advanced=y&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=188&standard=false

I'd go but it's four hours from me. :(
Keep us posted. Good luck!

:shrug:I'm about an hour away. I'd swing by, but I'm in charge of Prom/Senior trip this weekend, so I will have no time till next week.

Dont worry about it really I was just hoping that maybe someone was close to there and could check it out. I wouldnt want anyone to go way out their way really its not that big of a deal.

the center console appears to have an armrest...how is this possible? it looks to be a post-98 center console...:shrug:

anyone know where to get an arm rest for a post-98 center console??

Is this what you are talking about?
10854180280.259461601.IM1.07.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

Dont worry about it really I was just hoping that maybe someone was close to there and could check it out. I wouldnt want anyone to go way out their way really its not that big of a deal.

Believe me, if someone was close and had a few minutes, they would. That's how we are. :)

I have no doubt that they would that is why I asked but I wouldn't want someone to go hours out of there way just to look at the car.

Ok question for you guys. I got the car fax and it says the car has been in an accident. It was in 2001 so the car must run ok if it is still driving. It doesn't sound serious as the report says it hit a pole in the front right side. The car also has had 6 owners so it just makes me wonder is this car worth it?

So question if it where you looking for a DD at around this price would you buy this car?

the center console appears to have an armrest...how is this possible? it looks to be a post-98 center console...:shrug:

anyone know where to get an arm rest for a post-98 center console??

Paul I've told you about this a few times. You have the "wrong" console in your SVT. For some reason your SVT made it out of the factory with a non-SVT post-98 center console. (one without a lid/armrest)

The non-SVT center consoles didn't have a lid/armrest because the armrest is affixed to the drivers seat. Therefore there wasn't a need for a lid/second armrest on non-SVT center consoles.

Ok question for you guys. I got the car fax and it says the car has been in an accident. It was in 2001 so the car must run ok if it is still driving. It doesn't sound serious as the report says it hit a pole in the front right side. The car also has had 6 owners so it just makes me wonder is this car worth it?

So question if it where you looking for a DD at around this price would you buy this car?

Well, if you can find a shop to take a look at it before you buy it, I would.
Can't hurt to make sure everything was fixed correctly. It doesn't have a salvage title so it makes you think that it wasn't such a bad accident but having it looked at can't hurt.
I would also try to get them to come down on the price. I'd think you could find one for less, although that one looks to be in very nice shape for the miles. 6 owners seems to be a lot but it is an 11 yr. old car.
How long has each owner had it? Did they sell it off after short periods of time? Just something to check out.

Paul I've told you about this a few times. You have the "wrong" console in your SVT. For some reason your SVT made it out of the factory with a non-SVT post-98 center console. (one without a lid/armrest)

The non-SVT center consoles didn't have a lid/armrest because the armrest affixed to the drivers seat. Therefore there wasn't a need for a lid/second armrest on non-SVT center consoles.

Agreed.
I've never seen an SVT without a "lid". :shrug" Both of ours have them.

Last edited:
Does the very back of your console have a shallow cupholder or is it just a large storage bin that is missing the lid?

If it is the first one with the small cupholder, you'll need a whole new console w/ lid from a P-tan SVT.

yes...do you know where I can get one in prairie tan or how to add an arm rest to the one I have?

The lid just screws on, it has a hinge at the back and is held on by a few screws. It also snaps shut so I'm not sure if that would work, seems like you'd need the whole console.
I don't have a non-SVT console here so I can't check to see if you would be able to just get the lid.

Does the very back of your console have a shallow cupholder or is it just a large storage bin that is missing the lid?

If it is the first one with the small cupholder, you'll need a whole new console w/ lid from a P-tan SVT.

crap, mine has the cupholder in back...it must be the ultra-rare one ;) lol

oh, well, time to go hunting...

Back