• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Out There?

Just kinda curious to see how many people from around my area are on here.
Anybody around the Duluth/Superior/Two Harbors areas?:confused:

I think I am the closest one here. There is someone from Int'l Falls who is going to school in ND, another person on here shortly who lives near Eveleth, and can't think of anyone else. We are all alone :(

We are all alone :(

Sad.. I hope more people join. I know theres alot of them around here. I tell my friend when we are drivin around and see a contique that we are gonna take over the world one day and make everybody drive one. Haha. He drives a Zx3. He wants to drop a 302 and rear wheel conversion in it. I told him he could have the one from my '89 G Marquis.:crazy:

Duluth?

Duluth?

We should get the people we know who own contiques together sometime. Not just the people who are on here. But other people in the area. Just a thought?

Question: Have you ever taken your CSVT up Lake Avenue?

That is a good question. I don't think I have been down the hill since I have gotten my car. If you see my car, you will know. Just look at the rear bumper...LOL! No rear mesh yet, and the exhaust is a little out of alignment. Still need to fix that DOH!

Haha nice... I was just wondering cause if i ever get an svt kit or somethin like that for my car i dont want it to bottom out. Just thought id ask.

It would be fine as long as you aren't hauling butt and have the stiffest suspension around. The only place I have had the front drag a little abit is going into my driveway a little too fast. And the roads around here, as you know, are not the greast things in the world. The next time I head down to duluth I will go down to canal park and let ya know how it goes.

i take mine up and down lake street all the time, and i have yet to bottom out in duluth. granted, when going through the intersecions, i slow down quite a bit.

i was going to lower the car, but am puting it off till i see am more familiar with the roads. the roads are BAD though! :)

it may get lowered, it may not. i need to fix the parking brake though more than anything though. i am worried about the clutch. original clutch with 152,xxx miles on it hopefully last a little while with the hills.

oh yeah,and i have an SVT :)

MnStuckInMI

MnStuckInMI

Hahaha.. Yeah the roads are bad. The city doesnt put much money into the raod fund. Yeah your clutch might not last long here. How often have you driven up hills like around here?... Whats your car look like?

actually, i am moving to Duluth for work, so yeah, i drive up and down the hills all the time. the biggest problem i have with Lake Ave or any of the other streets running up the hill is when some jerk pulls up on my bumper at a stop light. its just annoying.

i have a stock T-Green SVT.

...is when some jerk pulls up on my bumper at a stop light. its just annoying.

i have a stock T-Green SVT.

Haha.. I got in a cop sandwich like that one time.. I swear i was about 2 inches from hittin the back one.. Anyways yes i have really gotten mad at some people about that same thing. People in this city dont learn... I wanna get a bumper sticker that says "I drive a five speed. So back the F*** off!"

Haha.. I got in a cop sandwich like that one time.. I swear i was about 2 inches from hittin the back one.. Anyways yes i have really gotten mad at some people about that same thing. People in this city dont learn... I wanna get a bumper sticker that says "I drive a five speed. So back the F*** off!"

Yeah, I love it when people go 5 mph up the hill. Have to keep it in 1st the whole time.

Hmmm that must be a very small town? I couldnt seem to find it on an atlas. Haha small towns are awesome.

I'm in between Waconia and Watertown. We're known for our bars:) Very small town w/the population of about 1K. Anybody near my town? I know there's a black CSVT that runs around the St.Boni and waconia area.

You guys need to come down to the cities every now and then. Did any of you post on the CarCraft Summer Nationals thread??

I want to get atleast 10 Contiques in the show.

I'm thinking about getting some kind of event together (similar to Spring Zing) in Minnesota so we can get more of the Central guys together.

You guys need to come down to the cities every now and then. Did any of you post on the CarCraft Summer Nationals thread??

I want to get atleast 10 Contiques in the show.

I'm thinking about getting some kind of event together (similar to Spring Zing) in Minnesota so we can get more of the Central guys together.

Well id be up for it. Depends on when it is i gues. Im broke right now:nonono: .
And my car isnt really show material but i would consider it i guess. You have details on the show?

Back