• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Local done a wheel bearing?

94ex

CEG'er
As the title says anyone in the Northern Colorado, those being stilov, or anywhere around Denver done a wheel bearing replacement? The new tour needs one and I'm just wondering if I can do it myself, with a little help, or would I just be better to take it to a shop? I saw the how-to in the Duratec Maintence, but I'm still not 100% sure.

depends....sometimes the hubs are a b.... to get off, and then you have to have the bearing pressed in anyway. Which will require you to have a shop do.

You may want to call and see what they charge. I somone will do it for like 150-175 with parts and labor...take it to them. You'll pay 30-40 for the bearing and then 30-50 for someone to press it...unless you know someone.
The labor is worth the extra...

Should bought my t-red.....j/k. The new owner is flying out here on the 10th to pick it up.

Should bought my t-red.....j/k. The new owner is flying out here on the 10th to pick it up.

How did I know you were going to say that! No but in all actuality I was considering it, but I don't know if I could deal with a stiffer suspension, especially around fort collins with their crappy streets.

Anyways the Ford stealership quoted it at like 300 but we have a good mechanic in town so I'll take it to them and see what they say.

really any mechanic could do it...even any shadetree place...so ya I would say have them do it..sometimes it can be a mutha to gethose hubs off.

Back