• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anti pet-peeves

my latest anti-pet peeve:

Doing the UIM/LIM cleaning, and noticing the bad waterpump belt, before it breaks and strands me or ruins my motor. :laugh:

anti pet peeve's snow tires off / summer tires on along with Cougar front brakes:cool:

anti pet peeve's snow tires off / summer tires on along with Cougar front brakes:cool:

wish I could take the snows off, but I have a tire shortage and can't reason buying four sets of new tires right now ..... lucky the snows are nearly shot so i will just really kill them over the summer and get new ones for the winter.

My anti-pet peeve for the day...
The tow driver that saved my SVT.

We stopped at the station to fill up and there were two tow trucks in the lot, we didn't think much of it since the guy that owns the station sells an occasion car or two.
One had a 94 Exploder on his roll back and the other roll back was hauling up a Toyota pickup.
The guy needed us to back up so he could leave and when he drove around us, stopped to tell us not to fill up... the Exploder was the SEVENTH car that he towed out of there in ONE hour! The pickup that the other driver had was number 8!
The culprit... bad gasoline. :(

I would have been so pissed! They still had the pumps functioning too! Even the tow driver commented that they hadn't shut the pumps off yet.

Can you imagine what their insurance company is going to have to say? Eight vehicles that we know about making claims... :shocked::help::mad:

Morons.

There's more...
(Courtesy of channel 69)
"Police in Bethlehem say someone delivered a bad batch of fuel to at least one gas station in the city. They say more than a dozen drivers who got gas at the Delta station on Easton Avenue were left stranded, but the owner says the problem's been fixed. We're told the supplier was Parker Oil. If you think you bought some of that bad gas, you should call 1-800-225-9702 and dial extension 5432,for a full reimbursement."

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=790962&title=Bad Batch of Gasoline Delivered to Station in Bethlehem

Reimbursement? :shrug: Those car got towed out of there, they didn't run.

wow... some people just dont get it. it doesnt sound like the gas company is goign to be making any needed repairs to the cars. im sure there will be a good lawsuit.

I'm sure they'll repair or pay for the damaged vehicles. They know they'll have a lawsuit, many of them, on their hands if they don't cough up the cash.

yeah fo sho. i would be flipping shiz. i bought gas at this one place. it took me 4 tanks of filling and running on completly empty to get rid of the problem. i was getting like 14 mpg in a little 4cyl saturn. i prob should have changed all the sensors. but still... it pissed me off. i won a free 100 gas card from that company.. never used it.

They are at a pretty good price right now. :)

I wouldn't have used the gas card either. You should have sold it for a few bucks. LOL!

Back