• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Colorado 3.0L build!

Heck yeah! When we're all done we definatly need to put together a night of cruising and some what of a get together. I know I won't be making it to sz11 considering the long drive and my work conditions...idk about anyone else but a "western sz" of the like would be a good deal of fun! And I have noticed a few more svts driving around in my area...a silfro/mnb one I've seen in thornton 3 times already this week.
And speaking of discounts, again I work in a local salvage yard where contours are abundant...let me know what odds and ends you want/need and I can get it to you in a week or less!

I need some 42lb injectors and an 80mm MAF if you have either of those. And yes a meet/cruise is a must. My goal is to have my turbo project done by next spring. And I now have a lot more time on my hands if anyone needs help with their 3L.

I'm gonna need a pre 98 diff. Also would like one of those lil body clips for the side skirts I'm missin one on my black csvt if anyone has one on hand

What are you getting 42# injectors and 80mm mafs from...I doubt I've got em but I can look! Pre 98 diffs are everywhere...and I can get a clip real easy for the skirt

you know if you have any trannys already separated in the yard? and the side skirt pieces are they svt or se?

I'm not 100% sure if any pre 98s are pulled apart...I know I have 2 post 98s pulled laying on the ground but I can check Sunday after my days off. As far as the clips go, they don't matter se and svt are identical I installed svt clips for se skirts then got my svt skirts and everything lined up perfectly

I think they come off of mustangs or the lightning trucks, I dont exactly know. No biggie if you dont have them.

Yeah the lightning I doubt I'll ever see in the yard...mustang maybe but none right now.
But come to think about it another employee has a lightning...he won't miss that stuff right? Who needs injectors anyways!

Yea just swap them out with my 24lb injectors and smaller maf real quick one day, He wouldn't even notice.

I'm not 100% sure if any pre 98s are pulled apart...I know I have 2 post 98s pulled laying on the ground but I can check Sunday after my days off. As far as the clips go, they don't matter se and svt are identical I installed svt clips for se skirts then got my svt skirts and everything lined up perfectly

Wierd I never thought they would match up considering the se skirts are different from svt... Good to know might be easier to find than I thought

Wierd I never thought they would match up considering the se skirts are different from svt... Good to know might be easier to find than I thought

are you looking for jack point covers or the clips that hold the skirts to the side of the car? the clips are the same, the jack point covers are most definitely different.

thank you striker for clarifying because what i was talkin about was the jack point cover. which i need one of svt. and actually i will be needing a clip thingy for the rear bumper.. right where the rear bumper meets the wheels cuz it kinda wants to pop out a lil bit

If you need jack point covers for a SE, all I have right now is a red one...the svt in the yard only had 2 jack points and the skirts weren't 100%...but you always need a back up set of skirts! But if you want a red SE jack point cover let me know and I'll grab one for you

you said there are 2 jack point covers for the svt? ill take them. how bad are the svt skirts? might be interested in getting them as backups.

dang well i def gonna need a pre 98 diff but dont feel like spending the time at a yard pulling one.. terry haines will ship me one for 100 bucks...which doesnt sound to bad maybe i can check some tranny shops around or something have you found one yet for your build?

I haven't gotten one for my build yet but like you, I'm just waiting for one to be laying halfway out of the car...but when I got the trans for my build I just popped the upper trans and engine mounts and then undid the 4 subframe bolts and the engine and trans fell out...took me about 30 minutes! But if you pulled one from the yard it'd cost you 23 bucks...just an option for you

23 bucks thats the price im looking for! •••• although i suppose it would be "easier" than rippin the tranny out on one of my cars since i wouldnt be worried about breaking anything

Yeah exactly! That's my thoughts about it...its not my car who cares! They are simple to drop out the bottom and slide it out away from the car and have tons of space to work!

Back