• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Colorado 3.0L build!

thesidekick34

CEG'er
Just got my '01 Taurus Duratech today...gotta love working for the junk yard! =) parts are super cheap! Going with the port matched set up running svt cams, injectors, lim, uim, tb, computer and maf. Also going to be upgrading a new trans with upgraded forks, new syncros, svt flywheel and clutch...most likely a pre-98 diff...things will be slow as I am saving for a trip to mexico in feb but after that things will fly together! I can't wait to be finally in the 3L registry!

Wow, now the fourth 3L build going on in the Denver area/co springs. And all four are port matched. Good to see and can't wait until you all get them running. What part of Denver are you?

hey man me too! lol so uh you work for a local junkyard? i need another 3l engine (bought one recently that i prolly wont use.)

I'm in Thornton I think the swap will happen in my parents garage in Westminster. I do work in a local yard, but currently the only '01+ Duratech in the yard is the one I have now...I can keep you guys updated on status of 3.0L in the yard though.

I also have another buddy in boulder driving a 98.5 silfro svt dropped on eibachs that is extreamly interested in the 3.0L swap as well...hopefully when mine is finished he'll jump onboard to do his

Yes very true. I feel its time to do something considering my trans was rebuild...the guy put the wrong fluid in it...and fried my syncros...now if I don't baby it while shifting it grinds into 2nd and 3rd...plus my wonderful new valve tap that's going on (or what sounds to be a valve tap...but I just keep driving the car considering I can borrow a vehical from family pretty easily...either way my car gets made fun of too much at work...they always ask if I want them to pick the car up on the fork lift and just crush the thing...its all in love for the contour I guess

Well first of all it's great to see yet another build in Colorado. I live in Boulder and see (what I'm assuming) is your friends silver Contour. In fact I was right behind him the other day in my Maverick and I was hoping I could talk to him. It will be awesome to get all these builds together for a meet when they are finished hopefully next summer. Keep in touch we are all willing to help each other out.

Yeah I believe the car you've been seeing is his...5% limo tint and a chocolate lab in the passeneger seat chewing on almost everything in that car (we're on the 2nd set of seat belts all the way around) needs new headliner and sunvisors...I swear I would've killed that dog already but he has incredible patience...but I will be inquiring about help here as I can afford parts and get the tranny and engine rebuilt...can't wait to have it finished!

ive seen quite a bit around denver.. its crazy i have seen at least 4 (maybe more) other svts in town one of them was for sale on feds with 80kish miles for 2900 and sat there for like a month!! i wanted it so bad it was clean. but i already have 2. one with a slow going 3l process

Yeah I cruise through lodo ever so often...black front clip and rear bumper, silver skirts, and the light mettallic steel blue doors and quarters...haha I call it my junk yard special

Hey.... I am here in Denver too. I have had mine built for about two years now and all I need is a tune and then I will be happy.!!! Well and the supercharger lol

I just got home from dropping the engine off at my buddy's house in boulder where it'll stay for a majority of the build. Pulled the fuel rail, LIM and complete harness...everything so far looks swell...but that doesn't mean anything till I get it on my engine stand and get the valve covers and oil pan off. If any one has an Escape pan and pickup and or a set of 3 Bugzuki plates that they are willing to part with let me know! I'm in the market for the items...plus the 01+ engine mount as well. As soon as I get a photobucket account up and running I'll get some pics posted! thanks again for reading everyone!

it was just too easy for my swap. I got a pre prepped engine from a guy on here that has been building them for a few years now. I dont know if we can drop names or not. LOL
It was set up to take all my svt parts. Cams and heads and uim as well. It was all ported to fit and tested very well. He is the one who makes the SC kit that i am saving for. It cost me another 2grand or so to have someone do all the labor at a shop though. That part sucked. So all I need is a tune and i get all the power back from it.

Back