• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another CEG'r doing a MPV 3.0 swap

Ok I was way off there. In my case I took the Escape TPS which faced away from the UIM and put it in place of the Taurus TPS. You could most likely put the MPV TPS on the Taurus TB. The TPS was a real pain to remove though.
im gonna let it sit in there as a tight fit but once it's in and running well, i'll try the mpv TPS and see if it works ;)

Pics of the motor before while it's still in .. i hope tomorrow i'll be pulling it loose and getting the rest of the parts i need to do this swap!

Tour3Lswap001.jpg

Tour3Lswap002.jpg

Tour3Lswap003.jpg

just a few teaser pics .. will be sure to take lots while it's coming out !!!

Last edited:
well i just planned my week... i took off of work from today till Friday evening so i could get moving on this swap ... this should get real interesting in the next 24-48 hours or so ... I also wanted to send out a special thanks for all the people who bought my FS items in the classifieds you have helped partially fund my 3L project... so thanks again and keep you eye out for mpics because im thinking i'll have a lot done by friday !!!!!!!

So it's out ! Now that it's out ima start to switch over the accessories and then install a new clutch alternator and have the flywheel resurfaced. After that it's time to drop hopefully I'll be dropping it Thursday at the latest hopefully Wednesday! Pics coming soon as cell Powers back up.... 15-30 min.....

0509111851.jpg

0509111809.jpg

0509111905a.jpg

0509111906.jpg

0509111851b.jpg

0509111851a.jpg

0509111809a.jpg

0509111905.jpg

Not in order I just found out I can upload from my iPad via photo bucket app.. Anyway it's out !

Much easier if you pull the drivers axle and the metal bracket for the motor mount. lol Good work.

Lol yeah I agree but it worked lol it's out for now.. As u said I'll pull them now and install them once the new 3L is in... Good observation though lol

good job so far.

In case anyone is interested if you use the 01 + cougar alt you can use the MPV alt bracket with no modification.

Thanks Sam and damn do i owe you a ride in her when she's done and a drink too. Maybe a case of your favorite beer, the advise has helped tremendously!!! and the pic of the relocated coil pack from striker2 was nice thanks for the referral ...

and yeah you can use an 01 cougar alternator but with already owning a new contour alternator i decided to trim the tabs ... keep my alternator and save the $$$ as a matter of fact, here is the pic he posted if anyone does this swap this is where i will be relocating the coil

Ignitioncoilrelocationpic.jpg
Photo Credit to Striker2

His instructions - just use some 1/2" wide steel bar stock cut to length and drilled holes in the appropriate places to mount it to the 2 valve cover studs. it will take some work to get it located so that the plug wire for cylinder 6 reaches, but is doable.

OR you can put it on the side of the rear valve cover, like this...

coilpackst220-1.jpg

I had my contour coil pack mounted in that spot with my magnecor wires for a lil while, the coil wire for #4 just barely reached. But now I switched back to my 01-02 cougar coil pack which is a bit smaller than the contour one, and I was able to put it behind my ST220 UIM.

OR you can put it on the side of the rear valve cover, like this... I was able to put it behind my ST220 UIM.

That's what she said !! lol .. yeah i like that too ... maybe I'll come up with something different or just try both and see what works best for me :) thanks for posting pic !!!

I have also mounted them behind the UIM attached to the firewall. not sure it would clear the MPV UIM though.
SSPX0435-1.jpg

Back