• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anoka/Andover

Anyone on here live in that area? I've seen someone driving a Black and a Red SVT.
I bought my black one from a guy in coon rapids, and I have driven back and forth thru Anoka a few times lately. We should have a contour get together this spring. Or on some nice dry day in the next month or so.

I only see beat up and neglected 'tours down here in Faribault , drivin by single mothers with 5 kids or medicated grannies....

I do see a decent looking pre98 SE around that could have potential.

So CSVT,s.....yet !!??!!?

I bought my black one from a guy in coon rapids, and I have driven back and forth thru Anoka a few times lately. We should have a contour get together this spring. Or on some nice dry day in the next month or so.

fyi we do meet up. and some of us are pretty tight and we meet up and get the job done with whatever we do. i like to do everything myself but i do fall back on csvt49 and blackcoog on hard stuff. #49 will be doing my LSD when i finally need it haha

:) well i managed to snap the rear two subframe bolts on the SHO and damn near drive the motor right out from under it. haha!

lol - Tyler, you gunning to do what JoeM does to his cars? The trans shop in Flake does awesome LSD installs if you want it done professionally (no offense #49 - still owe ya one for letting me borrow your hoist.) they don't charge much either. I went with that for piece of mind - I've done 2 gear installations and locker installs so I'm no newbie at setting up gears, but I don't take chances with my DD...

if i did it with mike we wouldn't shim it. we would re use the stock shims. we'll see. if it never blows, i'm never taking it out!

meh. i'm ready to tackle anything on a contour at this point. the only thing i won't do for me or anyone else ever again is headers, while the engine is in the car. it's just not worth it! lol. shift cables are no fun either.

meh. i'm ready to tackle anything on a contour at this point. the only thing i won't do for me or anyone else ever again is headers, while the engine is in the car. it's just not worth it! lol. shift cables are no fun either.

I know Tony and I have a nice list of things that need to be done to my SVT and his Cougar. No headers needed. :) I REALLY need to change out the suspention......yup, still haven't done it. All parts are sitting in the garage....well I still need the new front strut mounts.

I'm planning on yaking the motor for the clutch, flywheel, and headers :cool:

I know Tony and I have a nice list of things that need to be done to my SVT and his Cougar. No headers needed. :) I REALLY need to change out the suspention......yup, still haven't done it. All parts are sitting in the garage....well I still need the new front strut mounts.

Agreed! I'm still tracking down parts (subframe mainly) Then I'll replace that and both cars are getting suspension work :crazy:

Sorry I haven't commented on this one.

Yea I live in Coon Rapids. However I go about 3 months at a time without seeing a SVT tour.

I have only seen two in the area. One is silver and is beat up. Missing a few of the grills and is never clean.

The other is a black one. Fairly nice and the guy driving it seems fairly cool. We have exchanged thumbs up every now and then, but like I said I go 3 months or more without seeing either one of them.

I saw the silver one on hwy 610 last week. That broke my longest record of going 5 months without seeing another CSVT.

So do you live in the area? I can usually be seen anywhere in the Anoka/Ramsey/Andover/Coon Rapids areas with a few trips down to the south metro area Apple Valley/Rosemount/Eagan. You can tell my car apart from the rest of the red SVT's as my license plate is CSVT and I only have the rear one on. Plus I have the silver "49" decal under the drivers side headlight. Not to mention the pre98 trunk lid.

Last edited:
Back