• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And so it begins...

and the Chrysler 300 is a rip off of the Continental concept from a few years earlier

true, and the phantom, and a bunch of other cars. my point is a fusion is a sporty midsized sedan, not a luxo-yacht

[edit] btw are those oz rims? montecelli's or something like that?

I don't intend to black the car out, I bought the clear corners to tie all the lights together. I feel the chrome in the lights adds the right amount of contrast to keep it from being way too much black. The eye lids are to help make it more distinctive from the unbelievable amount of Fusions in my area.

theres still chrome in hightowered lights. heck, want to be real distinctive, while you have the tails open, break out the red lenses and clean them up with a dremel, then get red led replacement bulbs....

as for the eye brows separating it from other fusions, yeah, so would an aluminum wing on the back... just sayin

Realistically, the only two choices for the tail lights is to either tint the lens or bake it open and paint the chrome. I'm not sure I want to try either and risk costing myself a few hundred dollars. I'd try the eBay route and buy tails from that to bake open, but I've read it doesn't go too well with them.

There was a guy that the guys over on SweedSpeed used to use...he tints your tail lights, but he uses a light coating of factory paint. It looked great, especially with some of the metallic colors on the R's. It was a couple of hundred dollars though. I think the website was Toms Tinted Tails. I googled it but I can't find it anymore. Bummer.

There was a guy that the guys over on SweedSpeed used to use...he tints your tail lights, but he uses a light coating of factory paint. It looked great, especially with some of the metallic colors on the R's. It was a couple of hundred dollars though. I think the website was Toms Tinted Tails. I googled it but I can't find it anymore. Bummer.

well since the car is black, I cant imagine it being hard to replicate the body color....

jeez, I hightowered the 'tours headlights on accident, only sealed them with painter caulk ( what was laying around) and never had a problem with them. some people make too bik of a deal about a procedure thats been around for almost a decade at least...

towel on cookie sheet, ovent at 115, bake till you can pry loose, clean up old sealant, do whatever you want while they're open, seal with just about any sealant, clamp back together, baked again at same 115..... my god, it's so easy, 15 year old kids are doing it like 30 something "pros"

every forum for every car ever made has a how too and it's always the same....

You're making me feel less and less inclined to reply to your posts since you're bringing yourself across as having the only correct opinion on things.

You're making me feel less and less inclined to reply to your posts since you're bringing yourself across as having the only correct opinion on things.

dont mind him, he's just SPECIAL

the car looks great, took me a second to figure out the vinyl on the headlights, it looks as if it were stock.

nope, just wondering how ford would control the aftermarket supply of paint for vehicle maintenance purposes, and for that matter why

Update:

Waiting on delivery of...

Steeda 22mm rear sway bar
Steeda strut brace
Steeda intake
H&R springs
Exhaust

Then I'll tint it.

Back