• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

An idea for next year

I'm not sure how I could bring Buffalo Wings but I'll look into it. Not the food chain stuff, the actual Buffalo Wings from the place downtown.

There's Loganberry too. Few other things.

Great idea IMO.

Loganberry :drool: You chould bring some Mighty Taco and Archor Bar wings!

CedarPoint has a big amusement park, right?
My dad's company used to have summer outings at a local amusement park.
That'd be a pretty cool change of pace for the show and shine and banquet day. :idea:
I wonder if the park has grounds available for a bbq and all the cars to be parked (instead of parking in the regular amusement park lot)

the only issue I could see is those that never have enough $$$ to go...the price would be obviously a bit higher. it would still be fun & as I mentioned, Norwalk Raceway Park is just around the corner...nice facilities

Summit owns it now...didn't know...hmmm

http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/our-history the track does BBQ's & picnics for groups too

Last edited:
i think if a new location is planned for next year it needs to be closer to the East.
there has been New England representation at every SZ since 2001, heck i have been to every one since '02.
and if it gets farther away i might have to reconsider.
no matter how hard you try the 13 hour drive always ends up taking a lot longer.

That's the tricky bit. If we move it too far east or west, we'll have the same effect; we'll start losing people from the opposite side. I'd like to think that we'd all go regardless (come for the people, stay for the hangover), though we're really slaves to where the good tracks are.

It's going to be tough to find a location that everyone is going to be thrilled with. The drive isn't a cake walk for anyone, but we can at least try to make it equally bad. Gotta spread the bugs around! ;)

I hear ya Elky and that is something we are def considering. Even if we only save you 2 hours of travel.

i'd really like to see it around detroit next time. hook up waterford hills for the road course (which is ideal for the 'tours), plenty of drag strips, a certain local place for the dyno, woodward, etc...

Although the events aren't gonna make/break it for me, I loved gingerman and would love to do another road course. Drag strips are plentiful enough you usually can find one anywhere, but really drag strips are probably the last thing a contour group should be worrying about. Another good dyno that can do two wheel drive/all wheel/motorcycles would be cool. Since we spend a lot of time at the hotel, a good hotel is important too, I think that CS was really nice for $75 a night.

Although the events aren't gonna make/break it for me, I loved gingerman and would love to do another road course. Drag strips are plentiful enough you usually can find one anywhere, but really drag strips are probably the last thing a contour group should be worrying about. Another good dyno that can do two wheel drive/all wheel/motorcycles would be cool. Since we spend a lot of time at the hotel, a good hotel is important too, I think that CS was really nice for $75 a night.

Amen, bro. Motorcycles. Stazi? Steeda?

Burrita can bring the bawlled crawfish. I'll bring the Gala-T-Inn Pizza! LOL

We'll see mike I gotta put together a turbo right now. But if its in the Detroit area im all about leaving the SVT and getting some riding in. Since we all know ill have a bike by then

Back