• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

An idea for next year

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Allen and I had and I came up with an idea for everyone to bring a food or drink from their area and bring it to share. The PA ppl brought famous potato chips and some Yuengling.:drool: Just posting so I'll remember for next year.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I could bring Buffalo Wings but I'll look into it. Not the food chain stuff, the actual Buffalo Wings from the place downtown.

There's Loganberry too. Few other things.

Great idea IMO.

im not so sure there's anything from nyc that's unique or famous...except pizza or hot dogs, which never taste as good after being reheated.

I have always thought we should have some type of cookout at the show and shine. Since everyone goes for lunch any how. Maybe this idea would work well.

We were discussing the time for SZ. We decided its to early. Needs to be a little later in the spring or early summer. Give more time for getting the cars together and better chance for good weather. Though this year was pretty good.

yeah i guess. there's goldens' deli here too...could bring some stuff from there.

i need a really good cooler though!

I'll bring the fried Dog... er... duck! Yeah, that's it!

I'll be bring my owned brewed beer... One of Bell's Brewery's beer chemist is gonna get me started. :D

it is a great idea. it'll lower the cost of registration (though $15 wasn't bad at all lol!) and take pressure off whoever's putting it together. Which this year i'm sure would have been nice since todd was on his own. Not to mention there won't be a need to worry about if everyone will like the catered food, since there will be something for everyone...and people can bring what they like.

yeah nothing lick re-heated Chicago deep dish. FTMFL... Maybe some cheesecake...

I like the idea of a cookout though...

Dude Phil, then we go through all the same stuff just like here when people show up empty handed,

It's a great idea, but we need some rules, bring nuffin, get nuffin....

Last edited:
I don't believe that our idea was to REPLACE the food at the banquet , but to bring & share at other times , like at the show & shine & our parking lot parties .

As for having Spring Zing later in the year - no way ! It's actually later than it used to be . It used to be held in mid-April (back in the day) & I thought it was great . It gave us an excuse to dig 'em out of winter storage & get the winter tires off & clean 'em up . Besides , SPRING Zing wouldn't make much sense being held in summer ;) - plus it'll be too damn hot :( .

Was waiting for someone to write that. Thanks! Has to be in May. The weather no matter where has been perfect except for the night rain in 04. Even then it wasn't bad. This year had a little colder nights but that's what the fleece hat and goggles are for. Mmmmm 60F morning dyno temps.

I'll bring the fried Dog... er... duck! Yeah, that's it!

I'll be bring my owned brewed beer... One of Bell's Brewery's beer chemist is gonna get me started. :D

I'm planning to do the same thing. The brewmaster at the brewery I work at part time has said that he'll help me get started. On the way home Sunday I thought of a few beers to make and root beer too.

Back