• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Am I getting ripped off?

Well thanks for everything guys, I think I'll just try it myself...69Boss302's how to really explains a lot!

Again thanks for the replys...I guess I'm finally going to do my first self auto repair..haha

It's not as hard as it looks, you'll see how easy and rewarding it is, not only because you're doing the work yourself, but you're not paying someone else to BS you into paying a ridiculous amount for labor and possibly some things you don't need.

Well thanks for everything guys, I think I'll just try it myself...69Boss302's how to really explains a lot!

Again thanks for the replys...I guess I'm finally going to do my first self auto repair..haha

Good deal. You will be amazed at how much $$$$ you can save doing things yourself. Plus, you have CEG here if you run into any problems. Good luck!:cool:

Yes! It's all done! Took about an hours work...not too bad like you all said...the only thing is I sprayed antifreeze all over my dad when I took the Thermostat out...haha pretty funny moment!

But yeah...everything's running well, and I only got 1 bloody knuckle...haha

thanks for everything guys! Really, really appreciate it!!

Yes! It's all done! Took about an hours work...not too bad like you all said...the only thing is I sprayed antifreeze all over my dad when I took the Thermostat out...haha pretty funny moment!

And that will be $400, please come again.

Soph,
Can you do me a favor?
Did you use the how to I wrote as a guide? And if you did, can you critique it? Did I miss anything? Should there be something added?

Just looking for other experiences, Thanks

Exactly!.. as a member here (even if you can't write how-tos, or have the knowledge to really help out) your "job" (as it were) is to respond. If you make a post about a problem, and find the problem yourself, update your thread. always post your findings (good or bad) for posterity, so that others in the future can benefit.

You've done wonderfully. Just... keep it up.

Soph,
Can you do me a favor?
Did you use the how to I wrote as a guide? And if you did, can you critique it? Did I miss anything? Should there be something added?

Just looking for other experiences, Thanks

Yeah sure!

Only one bloody knuckle, that hardly counts.:laugh: Good deal, glad you did it yourself.

Back