• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

aluminum UIM for oval port 3l?

flyguyeddy

CEG'er
is there an aluminum intaked that you can get for the oval port 3l engine? i would rather have an aluminum one that i can polish over the plastic one.

any thoughts?

I think there is an aluminum oval port intake on a few cars in Europe but in the US they are all plastic. I think the European car is the ST200... :shrug:

I know of only two ST220 intake manifolds in private hands in North America. I've got one, and Nima, black96se has the other.

Hmm, I actually think i know of a third, but I don't think he wants it known that he has one.

I know of only two ST220 intake manifolds in private hands in North America. I've got one, and Nima, black96se has the other.

Hmm, I actually think i know of a third, but I don't think he wants it known that he has one.

I think Nima is actually trying to sell his. He has it for sale over on the Noble forums.

Interesting, I wonder what he's asking for it . . . if its enough, I might have to switch to the plastic escape manifold, lol.

could have swore when looking through the junkyard yesterday. they had the oval port UIM like the plastic ones but it was cast metal like our UIM. maybe im dumb

you did see that. but it's sized differently. very small.

the st220 is the good one. there is a third, and i'll call him out on it.

aussie! saw it at SZ last year. pretty sure that was his car. had the aussie flag on teh bumper

you did see that. but it's sized differently. very small.

the st220 is the good one. there is a third, and i'll call him out on it.

aussie! saw it at SZ last year. pretty sure that was his car. had the aussie flag on teh bumper

Nope, Stazi's car has an aluminum split port on it. At least it did at one point, been a long time since I've seen it.

I have an aluminum split port on mine.

pics419.jpg

What are the disadvantages of the plastic ones with boost? Is the ST220 the same shape and size as the plastic ones over here for reasons such as EGR location and stuff? I may have to throw some cash at you Brian!

What are the disadvantages of the plastic ones with boost? Is the ST220 the same shape and size as the plastic ones over here for reasons such as EGR location and stuff? I may have to throw some cash at you Brian!

Goog luck I tried to get him to sell it and he wouldn't.

Aaron

:censored::censored::censored::censored:, dont tempt Aaron. I have enough of his crap here already lol (just kidding bro). Man you guys should know, Aaron is the king of money, he changes all his stuff every 4 months at least. Im just waiting for those NE-Os to go up forsale. Oh wait, they are in my pole barn!

:censored::censored::censored::censored:, dont tempt Aaron. I have enough of his crap here already lol (just kidding bro). Man you guys should know, Aaron is the king of money, he changes all his stuff every 4 months at least. Im just waiting for those NE-Os to go up forsale. Oh wait, they are in my pole barn!

Yes it's sad that I can't stay with things for longer than 4 months. I might just have to bring money to Rara and see if he will sell me that UIM (time for another road trip). I think there are 4 more things on my car that I have already gotten tired of since September and want to get rid of!

Aaron

My hood and trunk are the first two that pop into my head. I did momentarly think of getting rid of the turbo kit too lol.

Aaron

Back