• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All Svt's in FL

Hi there i have been to a few car shows here in town.Ft.Myers Fl area.Not one Svt contour.Or just a average contour.Would like to get a few svts in the local area to come meet up.or if anyone knows of any contour meets around here please let me know i would love to attend one.Im tired of seeing these damn neon meets.(SRT-4).Yes they get mad when you call me neons.
Well the help would be very thankful.

I am down with a meet. I will call James, the owner of the Mondeo, who lives in kissimmee and see if he wants to host something at his house.

Cheers,
Suriel

+2 for orlando... but ill drive to tampa too... im down just let me know a week or two before.... please send me a pm for info if we doing it...

hope to see this happen cause we need a FL meet..

phil

Yeah we need a FLA meet havent seen or heard of any.

+2 for orlando... but ill drive to tampa too... im down just let me know a week or two before.... please send me a pm for info if we doing it...

hope to see this happen cause we need a FL meet..

phil

howabout we need a big or large SE meet. maybe later on after SZ. a couple days in ATL

we could prob get a dyno, indoor airsoft, andrettie speedlab/sixflags. etc...

and if enough attendance. a car show/ car shine award etc... the south does spring zing. we could prob get alot of the guys up north to come down too.

I'd probably atleast swing up to atlanta for one day. My mom is talking bout sellin the house, meaning I gotta go, and it'll probably be around that time, so I may be short on funds.

Lets not get carried away. What we are trying to plan would be a meet sometime before the end of the year to hang out or whatever. I do like your idea csvtjohnga but I dont think many from the north will attend another huge contour meet right after the only really huge meet there is. Alot of money is spent on SZ traveling and consuming. If you decide to have something similar to that right after SZ then its another excuse for the south not to show up to SZ again this year. I am planning on attending SZ and I am saving for just that. In the meantime Id love to hangout with the statewide CEG community and other folks from other states if they are willing to make the drives sometime in these 2 months. Now if no one from Orlando area will host a meet then we must look elsewhere. Kingpin I think you are next in line to host if Randy doesnt decide to chime in and let us know what he could do. If not then I could host a meet but I live in Miami and I doubt many people would be willing to make that drive considering the tally people would be driving 6hrs+. Jim hosted a few meets before he lives in meblourne. I have seen him posting recently in the classifieds even though he does not own an SVT anymore and hasnt for quite sometime. He hosted a meet when he didnt have his SVT. He may be willing to do something. So lets get this thing moving or else there is your explanation on why FL never has a meet.

good points but the SE hasnt had a big meet in well. along time close to never

just throwing out ideas
i do thnk people would attend. if we were to have it a couple of months later after SZ i believe a few people would end up coming.

but i'd sure as hell make it down to a fl meet or any SE meet or try. i havnt meet any of yall yet except for sureil and would like to meet yall so hopefully this can work out. i knew X (liquidX), Josh(PCMAN) and chris (zetecpowa) but that was quite a while ago...

To do this right we need two meets, one for just FL(since original post suggests it) and one for the entire South east. Orlando would be the best place but if no one can host it, another place will have to settle. For the SE, Atlanta is a good place to set it, but what about Texas? Somewhere in between Texas and Georgia will be the optimum place to set it (for the most CEGers.) Thats my opinon but I'm not a great host, so whoever has hosted a meet before (in SE) will have to brainstorm for the best place.

I would love to host a meet (especially b/c it would be closer for GA people to attend), but right now I am lacking a real job and my own place. Yes, that means graduated and living at home (I call it living the dream). Though HOPEFULLY, that will be changing shortly.

As soon as I have my own digs, I have no problem hosting a meet and allowing people to stay. I would have offered it already if it was possible right now. My parents, on the other hand, arent so cool with all that.

Partly SVT Engine near Fort Myers

Partly SVT Engine near Fort Myers

I drive a '99 Cougar, live near Fort Myers & haven't found another enthusiast Cougar owner nearby.:cry: I've gone to Tampa & Orlando to go to NECO meets. I've also joined CEG in a couple Tail of the Dragon runs.:laugh:

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of turnout we could get for a Contour & Cougar meet. A while ago, I was one of those who tried to set up a multi-club meet at a drag strip near Tampa.... and it rained all that day!! I drove up to the place & it was closed, so I meandered homewards and found the Sarasota Classic Car Museum, which is fascinating. Lots of neat automotive history & trivia. This is something I'd really like to do with other car people. Possible themed meet?

If you're interested in racing, Fort Myers has an autocross club, GulfCoast AutoCrossers, who host an event first weekend of most months at Buckingham Airfield. Test & Tune and Novice School on Saturdays (was today); racing for championship points on Sundays (tomorrow). Next weekend (Nov 11 & 12) we're hosting the Florida State Championships. Come out and take a look, and if you want to run it's $20 Saturdays, $30 Sundays. I want more Duratecs out there!!

Let me know when and where. I'll use any excuse to go to Orlando. I miss living there. I'll even go to tampa or where ever. Keep me informed. If someone could, pm when there is a major update, i dont check this section very often, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Robert

SVTOA Meet and Show

SVTOA Meet and Show

Hey Guys,

December 3rd, Wayne Akers Ford, in Lake Worth.
Huge Ford and Mustang Show!!!
Also taking the oppotunity ot get the South Florida SVTOA going again.

PDF Attached for additional info.
Lets make a good showing !!!!

Attachments

• Flyer.pdf
    358.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey Fordman & Brent Im down. Ill go for even 2 people.. its kind of exciting to do a show. I could use an excuse just to get out, Ivent done show since I moved here 2 years ago. Getting a group of people to do a rally is great but a pain in the ass to plan and takes forever. Im up for both dont get me wrong. But say a few of us here anywhere in this forum living in SoFla just for a quick outting is cool. Wayne Akers/Lake Worth..Ft Meyers what! what! =D

Back