• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

about that how-to on yellow fog lights...

[turning on mind reading powers]......................now what you did there is nice!!!......[/turning off mind reading powers]

I thought someone might like that one :laugh:

When I get a little more time I will explain and post pix. It was a fair amount of work, but I like the results.

Maybe I should hop in here since both Blu Fuz and CSVT1214 had contacted me about my yellow fogs before they did their's. To clarify, I have always run yellow nokya bulbs with ONE layer of yellow lamin-x (I don't think you'd produce much light output with more than one). I now have 3000k HID's in the fogs with yellow lamin-x. The brightness of the HID's wash out the color a bit, but it actually looks much better.
Here are some pics:
BobsCarPictures027.jpg

BobsCarPictures033.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

With HID's:
DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

Any questions? haha

With HID's:
DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

Any questions? haha

The HID's with Lamin-x look to be a little on the lime green-ish side. Are they that way in person. I know when I had 3000k HID and NO film of any kind on my projector fogs the color was a pale yellow (not yellow enough for me) so I took them out. The cutoff would produce a bit of green from the blue hues of the HID and the yellow coating on the bulb. This is especially noticeable at warmup as they begin green and fade to yellow. Even though the HID bulbs are rated at 3000k there is still hues of blue that come off especially at the cutoff if you use a projector.

sooo, i'm guessing that i could simply buy the paint. . . . spray 3 layers and done!?! right? Do I have to buy yellow bulbs too?

so........anybody know where i can buy the krylon stained glass spray? :help:
I tried walmart/ Hobby lobby/ michael's/ and random arts and craft stores but no luck.......:confused:

I just ordered me some 3000K rapors off DDM tuning for my truck yesterday. And if I like it I will do the SVT maybe a bit later this year or after winter

so........anybody know where i can buy the krylon stained glass spray? :help:
I tried walmart/ Hobby lobby/ michael's/ and random arts and craft stores but no luck.......:confused:

Really?? I swear someone just bought it the other day there and was telling me about it. I believe they got it at a Joann Fabric store, but Michael's should have it too as that was where my brother bought it last year. Did you ask an employee there to see if they had it or could order it? If you can't find it you can definitely get it on-line, $8.99 at the site below...

http://www.createforless.com/Krylon...973.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse

Tried Michael's they didn't have it either they had some other colors but not yellow......just went ahead and ordered some vinyl from ebay for $7 shipped :cool: but I still wanna find the spray It will probably last longer....:shrug:

Back