• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 CSVT vs 06 Civic Si? :)

There are some videos of a civic with just an intake and exhaust running a 14.1 or 14.2. He was power shifting and had let some air out of his tires for better traction.
Intake and exhaust can be big power adders though it just depend on if your talking a fart can or header and cat back and a cold air or short ram. with header cat back and cold air you could be looking upwards of 20-30 hp which would then put it in contention with the ss or the redline but stock to stock there is no way :blackeye:

Geez.. must be nice.. exhaust and intake gains 30 horses... vs our 12-16 (maybe) lol

Yes, I have "seen" several of the new 197HP Si Civics. They run low 15s STOCK everywhere that I have looked, and not on some forum where false claims are made.

Greg
A lotta bad drivers and probably bad tracks. All the magazine test times have them running from 14.4 to 15.

Geez.. must be nice.. exhaust and intake gains 30 horses... vs our 12-16 (maybe) lol
Did I promise 30hp I don't recall doing that I said ''with header cat back and cold air you could be looking upwards of 20-30 hp''

I was merely pointing out how (relatively) little our cars benefit from the same exact mods. It is no secret that many other platforms benefit incredibly well from basic I/E/H mods.

I was merely pointing out how (relatively) little our cars benefit from the same exact mods. It is no secret that many other platforms benefit incredibly well from basic I/E/H mods.

That is just because of how well our cars were designed to begin with. :)

The efficiency of our engines were already maxed out, for the most part. Well performing, extrude honed already...

There just isn't much left to extract out of these with those same basic mods.

Lol, this thing has gone way off subject. Never once did I say the SVT COULD beat one because I know for a fact they cannot. I was wondering about how close it would be. 4 cylinder pushing 180 whp with a LSD and the way the Si is geared, they are quick cars... I figure the Si could pull the SVT by about 1 car in the 1/4. Wouldnt you guys agree?

Lol, this thing has gone way off subject. Never once did I say the SVT COULD beat one because I know for a fact they cannot. I was wondering about how close it would be. 4 cylinder pushing 180 whp with a LSD and the way the Si is geared, they are quick cars... I figure the Si could pull the SVT by about 1 car in the 1/4. Wouldnt you guys agree?
I would agree mostly cause it has to have a good bit of weight difference too

its funny you mention the cobalt

a guy here has an auto 2.4SS(non supercharged for those out of the loop) and he pulled an Si at the track (with dealer tags still on) pulling a 15.3@89

way too much hype being put into those cars...

Si is kinda weird to drive. It's that drive by wire crap. I've seen one guy pull a 14.2 out of one with just exhaust and i think an intake... where as one guy was running 16.4s stock. It's all about the driver.

Back