• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 CSVT vs 06 Civic Si? :)

Cobalts put down about 220hp. They'll suprise you from a roll because of their instant power. Stage 1 and 2 suck. Stage 3 rocks but voids you were warranty. You can rev to 8k with it, program for 100+ octane, program for 50 shot of nitrous, smaller pulley, injectors, intercooler upgrade.
The civic is lighter.

Too bad they killed the Ion redline after 06 though.

The Ion in general is being replaced, so they are killing the whole marque. They are importing the Opel Astra to take the place of the Ion; should be awesome if they make a redline Astra, because it looks a thousand times cooler than the Ion.

Have you driven a CSVT before? I have NEVER seen a STOCK Civic Si dip into the low 14s. That car is the definition of no torque! Need I say more? And a Cobalt SS/SC, come on now. Those will surprise you and WILL DYNO far more HP and Torque than the other two.

ive definitley seen a saturn ion redline put down its rated 205 hp numbers on the dyno. this kid in my class down here has one, there actually not bad cars. real nice recaro seats front and back. You know those things take 6.75 quarts of oil. thats nuts for a four cylinder. and the supercharger isnt lubed by engine oil you have to change it so it dosent take up any oil there. but they really are suprising , we went from a stop to 50( the legal speed limit) back on country roads and i got him off the line and he tried to come back but didnt happen. this is in my 97 cobra though. but in a svt vs. ion/ss id think the ion/ss would take it, the civic si hahahahahaha funny. svt all the way.

Have you driven a CSVT before? I have NEVER seen a STOCK Civic Si dip into the low 14s. That car is the definition of no torque! Need I say more?
Ummm have you ever seen the new civic Sis? I haven't seen one run but I could definitely imagine it running low 14s. And yeah they have no torque, but us 2.5L guys sure ain't got much either.

ive definitley seen a saturn ion redline put down its rated 205 hp numbers on the dyno. this kid in my class down here has one, there actually not bad cars. real nice recaro seats front and back. You know those things take 6.75 quarts of oil. thats nuts for a four cylinder. and the supercharger isnt lubed by engine oil you have to change it so it dosent take up any oil there. but they really are suprising , we went from a stop to 50( the legal speed limit) back on country roads and i got him off the line and he tried to come back but didnt happen. this is in my 97 cobra though. but in a svt vs. ion/ss id think the ion/ss would take it, the civic si hahahahahaha funny. svt all the way.
It's actually supposed to be 6qt.
Svt all the way what? We're talking about the new civic Sis, not the old, slow ones.

if you look at the revised issue of the owners manual that they send you it says 6.75, i couldnt belive it either and made the kid bring it in. and sure as hell it said 6.75. but anyway. I guess i really didnt know the new civics were nice, just looked on the honda website, they still have really low torque, but 11:1 compression 8000 rpm redline, the car should have a little pep. but i still think a csvt could beat it.

if you look at the revised issue of the owners manual that they send you it says 6.75, i couldnt belive it either and made the kid bring it in. and sure as hell it said 6.75. but anyway. I guess i really didnt know the new civics were nice, just looked on the honda website, they still have really low torque, but 11:1 compression 8000 rpm redline, the car should have a little pep. but i still think a csvt could beat it.
Ah. Didn't the first manuals say 5qt and then changed to 6qt? Now it's 6.75?

There is no 'thinking' about the svt vs. new civic si matter. New civic si's are a lot quicker than svt contours.

Ummm have you ever seen the new civic Sis? I haven't seen one run but I could definitely imagine it running low 14s. And yeah they have no torque, but us 2.5L guys sure ain't got much either.

Yes, I have "seen" several of the new 197HP Si Civics. They run low 15s STOCK everywhere that I have looked, and not on some forum where false claims are made.

Greg

There are some videos of a civic with just an intake and exhaust running a 14.1 or 14.2. He was power shifting and had let some air out of his tires for better traction.

Back