• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$7 plastic clip = performance

ummmm....for sake of possible future needs...:eek:

Kind of seemed to me like there were two schools of thought on SHO mechanics in the northeast / New England. They were divided into two camps. Hanging around SHOs as you have, you probably know what / who I mean. People often went with either one guy or the other.

As did Tony, I had IMRC trouble, with multiple swaps it still wasnt fixed.
I went to Ford and personal worked with a Tech to Trouble shoot the problem through a live scan process. Only option was a pin point test....not worth the money and labor. Mine were stuck open since I got the car, I ended up Pinning them and getting a tune.

Is it the best option, NO, but it was at the time. Oh course I dont know what Im missing. It is still a little "doggie" below 2500 rpm or so. yes it seem to use quite a bit of fuel. 190-200 miles of city driving on a tank.

If I knewI could fix it I would. Maybe i should try a PCM

Kind of seemed to me like there were two schools of thought on SHO mechanics in the northeast / New England. They were divided into two camps. Hanging around SHOs as you have, you probably know what / who I mean. People often went with either one guy or the other.
yeah,for sure. unfort. theres only one source left in the NE,hence the bitting of the tongue:laugh:

Back