• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

4Cyl Cougar Header

Con-Man

CEG'er
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1205|240:1318
I have been researching this header. It looks like the Weapon R Street Header. I emailed the seller and he said this header is special made by Overkill. I looked up Overkill http://www.overkilloffroad.net/ and the company makes parts for off road trucks.

I figure if this is close for the price even if a little modification is needed it can't be much. Help me research this header and let me know what you think.

I just ordered one; I have been shopping around and that is a great price for a SS header; Looks pretty much identical to the Weapon R unit.

Let us know if it makes a difference. Just about everyone I've talked to said that a header on a zetec made little to no difference so I decided against it.

Well I got shipping confirmation today from get this...weapon R; so thats gotta be the weapon R unit he is selling. At a hell of a price. This should make a difference; it will defiantly be loud; but my main reasons to getting it are:

1. To allow for pre-cat mounting of my wide band
2. To help my supercharger run as efficiently as possible when I get it installed
3. It looks great in an engine bay

hahaha i hate the cougar header for our cars. make sure you use the camp to hold the DP to the block. Ive broken 3 headers beyond repair and am on my 4th, with came cracked even. they grind the tig welds down to thin, it will crack and break somewhere at sometime.

oh and 2 of the ones i got had broken flex pipes already, plus its way to short for the zetec.

Well I didn't purchase the header. I seen that two were sold. I wanted to purchase it so bad but I need to get my priorities straight. I need to update my suspension and I still have alot of little things that need to get done.

yea, the best header for the zetec would be a modified svt long tube header. the longer distance before the tubes combine, the less turbulence to be created.

my third cougar header just cracked but isnt leaking yet. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cylinder 3 primary tube, where it welds to the plate connecting to the head.

Back