• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Port matched vs 3L Hybrid

3L Port matched vs 3L Hybrid

• Mark's 2000 CSVT 3L Hybrid

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Shane's 1998 CSVT 3L Port Matched

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
i honestly would not drive anything without a tune. i mean u just added .5l to an engine and ur ecu doesnt even know... thats a waste of .5liters imo.
also the risk of something going wrong...? not worth it. i drove my cougar untunes maybe 200 miles braking the clutch in. and then another 500 miles highway to the dynoshop to get it tuned. it ran like poop during that time.

never will i drive any "heavy modded car" (such as engine swap or larger injectors or turboed ect...) without a tune.period.

Well, i did buy my car this way, and i had to do a few things for inspection, and got side tracked with some other mods. I've only had it for a few months. I will eventually get it tuned, but like i said, it runs great. If it ran like crap, i would have gotten it tuned first. I guess we'll have to see how i make out this weekend on call for work. If i can make an extra few hundered, i'll try to get the wife to let me get one.

lol...
well get to the track already! im tired of reading this thread without results!
i wanna know what he will get and also what an untuned 3l will get

i honestly would not drive anything without a tune. i mean u just added .5l to an engine and ur ecu doesnt even know... thats a waste of .5liters imo.
also the risk of something going wrong...? not worth it. i drove my cougar untunes maybe 200 miles braking the clutch in. and then another 500 miles highway to the dynoshop to get it tuned. it ran like poop during that time.

never will i drive any "heavy modded car" (such as engine swap or larger injectors or turboed ect...) without a tune.period.

You also have an oval port setup with no secondaries and a LIM that is designed for different injectors. Portmatch and hybrid will run fine with no tune, can you get more power out of them and efficiency from a tune, sure can, but for $500 or more which is roughly the cost of a new engine most people arent too worried about it.

I dont blame you. Thats how i felt the first time i went to the drag strip. I probably had the most fun there out of anyone, and i had the slowest car. Made 34 passes that day.. Miss that car :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=humpfOyZ2A0
damn 34 passes?! is that possible! on a fantastic day i got 7

You also have an oval port setup with no secondaries and a LIM that is designed for different injectors. Portmatch and hybrid will run fine with no tune, can you get more power out of them and efficiency from a tune, sure can, but for $500 or more which is roughly the cost of a new engine most people arent too worried about it.
i paid 250 bucks for a full dyno tune. if u plan on doing an engine swap, might as well do it right

What track you heading too. I used to go to Cecil and the most runs I ever got in was 4. Really wouldn't want to run more than that.

I always go to beaver springs. Every time i've been there, it wasn never really busy, and could run as much as i wanted.

I havent seen a Cougar run 12's yet either :laugh:

Also, being a mechanic, i've driven quite a few of them. I find the seats in the Contour to be much more comfortible.

Back