• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

300mmx278mm brake group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
List update

List update

New list update

REAR SET:
1.<shipped><paid> Rara
2.<shipped><paid> LoveMySVT
3.<shipped><paid> BigJim
4.<shipped><paid> nadthomas
5.<shipped><paid> 99 red SVT
6.<shipped><paid> juspifool
7.<shipped><paid> SVTforme
8.<shipped><paid> Linkman
9.<shipped><paid> ExDelayed

BOTH SETS:
1.<shipped><paid> Kremithefrog
2.<shipped><paid> starjammir
3.<shipped><paid> KingpinSVT
4.<shipped><paid> DyComet [Also gets pair brackets]
5.<shipped><paid> RandyCSVT
6.<shipped><paid> Cougar99
7.<shipped><paid> JEDsContour
8.<shipped><paid> JEDsContour
9.<shipped><paid> rkneeshaw3.0
10.<paid> SvtTour98.5-3
11.<paid> mond12345 (NECO--Looking to sell his slot)
12.<paid> BlackE1
13.<paid> Mustang
14.<paid> Nick A. aka nandaloora(NECO) lol :p
15.<paid> TourDeForce
16.<paid> CSVT1214
17.<paid> ZomzSVT
18.<paid> Bensenvill (NECO) [Deposit sent]
19.<paid> Y2KSVT [Deposit Sent]
20.<paid> Slowcat (NECO) [Deposit Sent]
21.<paid> SVT3391 [Deposit Sent]
22.<paid> Giddyup306 [Deposit Sent]
23. <paid> RodneyBur [Deposit Sent]
24. <paid> Stilov [Deposit Sent]
25. ??

No new sets shipped today, got busy. I'll send some more out tomorrow.

REAR SET:
1.<shipped><paid> Rara
3.<shipped><paid> BigJim

BOTH SETS:
1.<shipped><paid> Kremithefrog
4.<shipped><paid> DyComet [Also gets pair brackets]
10.<paid> SvtTour98.5-3
11.<paid> mond12345 (NECO--Looking to sell his slot)
12.<paid> BlackE1
13.<paid> Mustang
14.<paid> Nick A. aka nandaloora(NECO) lol :p
15.<paid> TourDeForce
16.<paid> CSVT1214
17.<paid> ZomzSVT
18.<paid> Slowcat (NECO)
19.<paid> Bensenvill (NECO) [Deposit sent]
20.<paid> Y2KSVT [Deposit Sent]
25. ??

Got mine today (after having the post office search for them, they put them under K for kremit). I should get the fronts done Sunday.

Last edited:
List update. Friday, Oct. 6, 4pm

List update. Friday, Oct. 6, 4pm

Okay, good to see that people are receiving their kits. Please continue to inform me when you receive your stuff.
I am waiting for more bolt studs to come in, the ones that are on backorder. I will not be able to ship any more fronts until they show up. Shouldn't be long I hope.

REAR SET:
1.<shipped><paid> Rara
3.<shipped><paid> BigJim

BOTH SETS:
1.<received>Kremithefrog
4.<received>DyComet
10.<shipped><paid> SvtTour98.5-3
11.<paid> mond12345 (NECO--Sets for sale via mond1234)
12.<shipped><paid> BlackE1
13.<paid> Mustang NEED to confirm shipping Addy
14.<shipped><paid>Nick A.(NECO)
15.<shipped><paid> TourDeForce
16.<shipped><paid> CSVT1214
17.<shipped><paid> ZomzSVT
18.<paid> Slowcat (NECO)
25. ? one set still available...(your name here)

I just got mine in the mail this afternoon. I am looking forward to installing these sometime soon. Warmonger did a great job in making these! All high quality parts.

Information for everyone regarding installation of fronts...

Information for everyone regarding installation of fronts...

One thing I noticed on some of the bolt studs is that they are a bit thicker on the shank/head. When I test fitted the stud in the hub and then tried to install the bracket there was a bit of interference on the UPPER stud ONLY. This is easily solved by first installing the studs and brackets, then grinding the backside of the upper bolt stud so that the caliper mounting bracket clears when it is finally bolted in place.

If anyone has any specific issues pm me. Otherwise if you have any problems that you solve yourself with a simple solution then just post what it was and how you solved it.

My brackets and bolt hardware arrived yesterday (Thursday the 5th). Assuming it's all there since I haven't read the instructions in a while, but it all looked good, and was packed well.

List update

List update

Just doing a late night update of the list. Thanks for keeping me updated.

REAR SET:
1.<shipped><paid> Rara
2.<received> LoveMySVT
3.<shipped><paid> BigJim
8.<received> Linkman

BOTH SETS:
1.<received>Kremithefrog
2.<received> starjammir
4.<received>DyComet
18.<paid> Slowcat (NECO)

I added myself to the list. I got the kit this afternoon.

Just doing a late night update of the list. Thanks for keeping me updated.

REAR SET:
1.<shipped><paid> Rara
2.<received> LoveMySVT
3.<shipped><paid> BigJim
8.<received> Linkman

BOTH SETS:
1.<received>Kremithefrog
2.<received> starjammir
4.<received>DyComet
5.<received> RandyCSVT
18.<paid> Slowcat (NECO)

Mine showed up yesterday - thanks. Time to throw the caliper brackets in the Bridgeport machine and get the brakes on the car. I will post in the pics section once I get mine powdercoated and put on.

One thing I noticed on some of the bolt studs is that they are a bit thicker on the shank/head. When I test fitted the stud in the hub and then tried to install the bracket there was a bit of interference on the UPPER stud ONLY. This is easily solved by first installing the studs and brackets, then grinding the backside of the upper bolt stud so that the caliper mounting bracket clears when it is finally bolted in place.

If anyone has any specific issues pm me. Otherwise if you have any problems that you solve yourself with a simple solution then just post what it was and how you solved it.

I began mock up of one of the front brackets today. There is definitely interference with the upper stud and the caliper bracket (on mine at least). The stud head sticks out a visible amount past the mounting edge of the spacer. This is the only issue I have not yet addressed, as its time for some Gator football. Everthing else looks good, Im just going to break out the angle grinder tomorrow and knock a bit off the head of the stud until there is clearance.

The only other issue I ran into was intermittant rubbing of the caliper bracket and the rotor. I have cleaned up the inside of the caliper bracket, so that should no longer be an issue plus I still have to fix the stud issue before I can say the rotor is finished. With the caliper bracket alignment moving this way or that (because of the stud), I cant say its fixed one way or another anyway. I didnt remember what you posted about the stud until I was about to finish up for the day anyway.

However, so far so good. No surprises, you seem to have covered any possible issues pretty well ahead of time so I knew what to look for.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

The issue with that one stud came about because I changed the spec from the first stud I got. The first stud had a thinner head and cleared perfectly but required more filing of the hub mounting ears to fit; it was also the only SAE part in the kit so I ditched it. So I found one that had fit a lot better into the hub mounting ears but forgot to check the head thickness. Then when I test fitted it I realized that only one stud (the upper) needed a bit of thinning on the back of the head to fix the issue, it won't hurt the stud. THis also means the stud could be knocked back out and the front returned to stock if you so wanted to....as in you wanted to switch the kit to another car or something.

Anyway, great that you are almost done. I look forward to some finished pictures and your first drive experience.

Mine showed up yesterday - thanks. Time to throw the caliper brackets in the Bridgeport machine and get the brakes on the car. I will post in the pics section once I get mine powdercoated and put on.

Cool, Sorry I forgot and just painted the bracketry. still, you can wipe it off with solvent and I didn't want to take a chance with surface rust starting before anyone installed the parts.

I was happy with the prototype brackets but when they cut the front 1/2" plate in bulk there were several with a lot of slag inside the bolt holes. I cleaned every single one up with a carbide bit to make sure there would be reasonable smoothness and little to no taper. Functionally all the holes are in the right spot and the little extra room will insure that you can loosen a bolt or two to get the Pad placement on the rotor just right.
The first brackets I did had closer tolerances and less room to adjust for pad clearance and it was Jim who indirectly pointed this out to me. So the very bottom hole on the bracket is the largest and the second hole down from the top is supposed to be the tightest allowing a tad bit of pivot for alignment.

So there you go, you guys should be armed with all the information I can give you. :cool:

Good luck to you all.

I began mock up of one of the front brackets today. There is definitely interference with the upper stud and the caliper bracket (on mine at least). The stud head sticks out a visible amount past the mounting edge of the spacer. This is the only issue I have not yet addressed, as its time for some Gator football. Everthing else looks good, Im just going to break out the angle grinder tomorrow and knock a bit off the head of the stud until there is clearance.

The only other issue I ran into was intermittant rubbing of the caliper bracket and the rotor. I have cleaned up the inside of the caliper bracket, so that should no longer be an issue plus I still have to fix the stud issue before I can say the rotor is finished. With the caliper bracket alignment moving this way or that (because of the stud), I cant say its fixed one way or another anyway. I didnt remember what you posted about the stud until I was about to finish up for the day anyway.

However, so far so good. No surprises, you seem to have covered any possible issues pretty well ahead of time so I knew what to look for.

can someone post a picture of whatever issue this is? I am having a tough time getting a visual of what I might need to grind away to make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back