• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2009 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Just checking in; got back around 6. My dad and I were the last to leave both days. Ha, guess we're good like that! :cool: There's so much to walk around and see. :)

Good to see everyone again, congrats to the winners and everyone else too. All the Contour's were looking good; everyone deserved an award.

Allen we missed ya buddy; where were ya? I kept asking the 'tour guys if they had see you at all on Saturday. I though maybe I missed you because my dad and I were out walking around most of the time, but nobody saw ya. Hope all is well. I had #1530 rockin' the SVT plate frame for ya! :)

Had a blast this year, it was great to see everyone again. It's also cool to finally meet Mike in person, we had quite the crew at the campsite. I think next year they're gonna re-name the road after me. :laugh:

Congrats to the winners, and to everyone else that came. Can't wait till we get to do it again.

No and yes. In the order of what you asked. I am going to deal with the smoke since it will require taking the head off to fix.

so was it the head gasket? i would perfer to fix it before my car starts puffing. im thinking of doing a speed protege motor(with turbo of course) and trans swap at about 100k maybe 125k:shrug:

i'll take a picture tomorrow

good. where are the rest of the pics you took of carlisle. any of the ford GT on the dyno?

so was it the head gasket? i would perfer to fix it before my car starts puffing. im thinking of doing a speed protege motor(with turbo of course) and trans swap at about 100k maybe 125k:shrug:

good. where are the rest of the pics you took of carlisle. any of the ford GT on the dyno?

i didnt take any other pictures :blackeye: scott took a video

Allen we missed ya buddy; where were ya? I kept asking the 'tour guys if they had see you at all on Saturday. I though maybe I missed you because my dad and I were out walking around most of the time, but nobody saw ya. Hope all is well. I had #1530 rockin' the SVT plate frame for ya! :)

Sorry I wasn't there . I'd been sick as hell all week , and I was hoping it'd clear up by the weekend , but unfortunately it got worse . I have a severe sinus infection w/some upper bronchial crap that also has my throat so friggin' sore I can harldy eat/drink & I have about no voice (which isn't all that bad for the wife/kid , lol) .
Sux to miss it 2 times in a row , but whatcha gonna do ?? At least the show seems to have gone alright .
Where's the list of winners , BTW ???

Sorry I wasn't there . I'd been sick as hell all week , and I was hoping it'd clear up by the weekend , but unfortunately it got worse . I have a severe sinus infection w/some upper bronchial crap that also has my throat so friggin' sore I can harldy eat/drink & I have about no voice (which isn't all that bad for the wife/kid , lol) .
Sux to miss it 2 times in a row , but whatcha gonna do ?? At least the show seems to have gone alright .

In SVT it was (I think)
99 red SVT
BrApple (with your old SVT)
umm... the guy with the body kit (I don't remember his name or screenname)

In non-SVT it was
ZeroHour

the winners where

SVT Contour
1. 99 Red SVT
2. Brapple
3. greccoroman (is that right?, its the SVT with the body kit that is always at carlisle)

Non-svt
1. zerohour

I know third place's name is Ramone, but I don't think that's his screen name...? :shrug: I already deleted old pm's from him, so I couldn't check...

Welcome to life with kids!!! Don't worry the sniffs go away when she gets older.

Doug, I'm telling you to check out the stuff I used in my wife's truck. I think it was Penzoil, but it was a silver can, designed for head gaskets, and there is NO DRAINING of the collant after. I was about ready to pull Tammy's engine her's was so bad, but after 2 days, her's quit smoking, she's losing no coolant, and it's running fine. I'll try to find the exact name of the stuff once I get home.

i'll take a picture tomorrow

adrwheel.jpg

oh, my...you were right to leave them off. Maybe they would look better if you took off the ADR center emblem and painted them to match the rim?

Doug, I'm telling you to check out the stuff I used in my wife's truck. I think it was Penzoil, but it was a silver can, designed for head gaskets, and there is NO DRAINING of the collant after. I was about ready to pull Tammy's engine her's was so bad, but after 2 days, her's quit smoking, she's losing no coolant, and it's running fine. I'll try to find the exact name of the stuff once I get home.

If you can find the name of it i'll give it a look. I am not losing any coolant, just oil when it first starts.

Back