• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS UNCOATED Header Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely it's a cached copy of the page.
If you clear your browser's cache, I bet they are not there any more.

The page did not show up for me, and I believe it was because I have never browsed that section of the site so I don't have a cached copy with my browser with the product available.

Most likely it's a cached copy of the page.
If you clear your browser's cache, I bet they are not there any more.

The page did not show up for me, and I believe it was because I have never browsed that section of the site so I don't have a cached copy with my browser with the product available.

i clear it every time i get online and i am not at my house on my puter and it is there... i have never been to this site on this computer..

for some reason when i click on that headers dont come up. i browsed around the site and engine components is blank nothing in there. just me or are others have the same issue?

We (nautilus) are sold out right now and I took them off the website to prevent people from ordering them till we get our new batch in.
Basically on backorder:shrug:

I got a silly question, thought I would ask since we are talking about it, but if you get headers you do not need the flex pipe anymore? Just unsure of the changes you have to make with headers. Can someone fill me in?

I got a silly question, thought I would ask since we are talking about it, but if you get headers you do not need the flex pipe anymore? Just unsure of the changes you have to make with headers. Can someone fill me in?

the flex pipe only depends on what y-pipe you are going to use ... staying stock like I did doesn't affect anything else, but then again I don't have a flex pipe .... now if you got the weapon R headers and y-pipe it only had a 3bolt y-pipe so you would need to get the flex pipe and cat if you didn't have one ...

but anyway MSDS headers are suppose to bolt to the stock y-pipe, mine almost didn't but we did get it on there ...

I had no problems this morning bolting my stock y pipe up to my MSDS headers. It is a little tricky holding the bolt on top and tightening the nut underneath. It is definitely easier with welded on studs.

the flex pipe only depends on what y-pipe you are going to use ... staying stock like I did doesn't affect anything else, but then again I don't have a flex pipe .... now if you got the weapon R headers and y-pipe it only had a 3bolt y-pipe so you would need to get the flex pipe and cat if you didn't have one ...

but anyway MSDS headers are suppose to bolt to the stock y-pipe, mine almost didn't but we did get it on there ...

I ask cause my flex pipe is gone and 3 shops around here have all quoted me for about 200 to replace/fix it. If I am going to spend that kind of money I'd rather get headers that will cut out the flex pipe and improve my exhaust overall. If you get what I mean....

I wouldn't do it...Less hassle the other way.

I wouldn't do it...Less hassle the other way.

$200 is ok but without being coated you're going to have to spend money on doing that. Then without the y pipe you're kinda defeating the purpose of a easier flowing exhaust system if its all backed up by the stock y pipe. Don't waist your money, just buy it all done for 600 and then all you have to do is get it put on.

$200 is ok but without being coated you're going to have to spend money on doing that. Then without the y pipe you're kinda defeating the purpose of a easier flowing exhaust system if its all backed up by the stock y pipe. Don't waist your money, just buy it all done for 600 and then all you have to do is get it put on.

what are you talking about? 200 for headers 50 for powercoat and 40 for a optimized y pipe? you woul drather spend 600 plus the install? not real sure i get hwere you are coming form. or you where talking about the guy that ws talking about 200 for a flex pipe. i got mine stock ford flex pipe for 75 bucks brand new from ford. and put in it my self. not no 200 bucks.

I'm sorry but I don't agree ... the stock y-pipe is pretty decent, get it optimized and you will be better off anyway ... I don't think any aftermarket y-pipe has shown great gains let alone any more then the optimized stock y-pipe ...

Ya this sucks i want you get some JET Coated MSDS Headers can anyone send me the link to purchase the Headers seperatly without the y-pipe or anything else. I already have BATs y Pipe and a Bassani Cat back sitting in my basement!:shrug:

Need to get this exhaust up and running!

- Amyn

Ya this sucks i want you get some JET Coated MSDS Headers can anyone send me the link to purchase the Headers seperatly without the y-pipe or anything else. I already have BATs y Pipe and a Bassani Cat back sitting in my basement!:shrug:

Need to get this exhaust up and running!

- Amyn

you don't need a link, call MSDS and have them send you some headers ...

he is fairly active in the MN forum. Seems like a few of the guys there know him. And I think he is going to SZ

I graduated college with him - fun guy to be around. I dont think he is going to SZ - his car - to my knowledge - is still apart for the trans swap.

just out of curiosity, what kind of installation costs would i be looking at for some headers? I do not want to attempt it myself, i'd rather just have a shop do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back