• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calender??

i have the perfect spot to take a picture near my house, but it is on a main raod and there is no way i could ever get a picture there.
been schemeing on how to do it for two years now!

I think about that all the time! I always am trying to think of ways to get my car places it doesnt belong, because it would make for an awesome shot. There are a lot of roads around here where I could get some sweet pics, but they are way to busy. Maybe I could have a friend go with me and pretend the car is broken down?

When I went to watch the most recent shuttle launch, I seriously debated trying to take my car and get a good location where I could get the launch in the background. Car is on stands still, so I "scrubbed" that idea (bad joke).

Ive got a few good locations lined up for my '07 pics. Im going to be using a new camera this year as well.

Because to officially submit pictures, you'd have to have an organized calendar to submit them for.

Pete hasn't expressed any interest(yet?) in starting the calendar work, nor have I. It will happen, I am sure.. just give it time.

Because to officially submit pictures, you'd have to have an organized calendar to submit them for.

Pete hasn't expressed any interest(yet?) in starting the calendar work, nor have I. It will happen, I am sure.. just give it time.

i remember talking to pete last year about how contour.org had been slowing down...well strike while the iron is hot cause you guys have all this interest in this topic...this hype can be ridden out for the next 3 months...at least, i just dont see why you seem so down on the idea of starting early (not even "early" cause last year fired up about this time)...it seems like it would make things easier and get more people on here more often (thats just my two cents, but i guess we just gotta wait for Pete)

EDIT:http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...mber=1069129&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited:
I'd do it if noone else will, but i really wanted to get my car IN the calendar this year... something that i probably shouldnt do if i create it.

If voting for inclusion is left to the general CEG populace, then there would be no problem IMO if you were running the calendar AND your car were in it. Then again, even if you were the one choosing the pics, you'd also be the one putting up with all the crap and headache of producing this, so it might be 'just payment' to include yours anyway. Hmmm. Food for thought.

If voting for inclusion is left to the general CEG populace, then there would be no problem IMO if you were running the calendar AND your car were in it. Then again, even if you were the one choosing the pics, you'd also be the one putting up with all the crap and headache of producing this, so it might be 'just payment' to include yours anyway. Hmmm. Food for thought.

oh of course voting would be left up to the people of CEG. something needs to be done soon. the previous calendar submission thread began beginning of october and ran for about a month. i'd want to hear from the people who normally do the calendar before i went ahead and said i'd do it. maybe they're planning on it but havnt gotten to it yet.

Someone just PM him. He is here b/c he has posted. obviously he has no interest in it b/c he would have seen the thread already. Better get it started soon though, 2007 is comin up fast.

BTW i would help do it but i am in school and have no real experience doing things like that.

BTW i would help do it but i am in school

I never understood this logic? Not giving you a hard time for not doing the calendar, just don't see why school is always used as a reason for not doing something. I work full-time and am in school full-time, and still organized 2 Spring Zings, and have pleanty of time for other activities.

Anyway, I'm just not interested in taking this on for the simple reason that pleasing everyone on here is impossible. If someone doesn't like the selection of cars in the calendar, it's not the voters that catch the flack. It's always the organizers that are remembered.

Mark

i pm'd pete back in sept. but i got no response, i know he's a busy guy, i believe he, rara and ray all put it together in the past...but it just seems like it should get underway with all this interest, but until they say "no we arent doing it" i think it would be stepping on their toes to just go ahead without word from them, since they put so much time/effort in the past years with no profit, but we are heading towards the end of october so...i dont know

okay well i'm going to go ahead and make an official submission thread following the same guidelines as last year. If pete or ray want to take over at any time, i'll let them but at least we'll be getting pictures and then if they dont want to make the calendar, I will

I never understood this logic? Not giving you a hard time for not doing the calendar, just don't see why school is always used as a reason for not doing something. I work full-time and am in school full-time, and still organized 2 Spring Zings, and have pleanty of time for other activities.

Anyway, I'm just not interested in taking this on for the simple reason that pleasing everyone on here is impossible. If someone doesn't like the selection of cars in the calendar, it's not the voters that catch the flack. It's always the organizers that are remembered.

Mark

You must have missed the part where I said I have no experience doing stuff like this. Im glad you can work full time and go to school, it would be great if I could do that. My dad worked full time and was a full time student when he went, I dont know how he did it. No im not in liberal arts or anything. I actually do work, trying to become an engineer is not easy and I would like to focus all of my time on school. Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone.

well, I did it. I made the thread.
Hopefully this will be okay with Pete & Ray. Although as I said in the thread and in PM's to both of them, I am willing to pass on control of this project to them if they wish.

Lets get a quality calendar going!

Back