• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calender??

One tip here, not any run of the mill digital camera is going to get you into the calender. Alot of photos from last year became grainy and pixelated upon higher resolution. This is something that EVERYBODY! needs to consider when posting submissions.

One tip here, not any run of the mill digital camera is going to get you into the calender. Alot of photos from last year became grainy and pixelated upon higher resolution. This is something that EVERYBODY! needs to consider when posting submissions.

I went from a 3 megapixel Olympus point and shoot to a 5 megapixel Canon S2IS with all kinds of controls. I would hope mine would be a LOT better than last year (mine was one of the ones that was pixelated and subsequently replaced last year).

Yes, but the original choice for my car was one of the ones at dusk with the underbody LEDs on and the Peoria skyline in the background. That one was removed from consideration due to the pixelation when it was blown up to size. It was replaced by the one you see in the calendar, which was a picture from Nashville, TN, not around here.

I am going to try to get in with a different, and hopefully better, picture this year than that one from Nashville. Is that wrong? :shrug:

I like this pic, I know the rear is all darked out from the shade, but at least that hides the license plate. :)

P7233046.jpg

unfortunately only 1600x1200 resolution available. stupid camera. :(

Last edited:
Yes, but the original choice for my car was one of the ones at dusk with the underbody LEDs on and the Peoria skyline in the background. That one was removed from consideration due to the pixelation when it was blown up to size. It was replaced by the one you see in the calendar, which was a picture from Nashville, TN, not around here.

I am going to try to get in with a different, and hopefully better, picture this year than that one from Nashville. Is that wrong? :shrug:

haha, not at all, i just wasnt sure what was going on...i was like..damn i know his car is in the '06, now im clear :)

Probably not gonna make it but worth a shot, its a pre98 Mystique stock of course. Best one I got of her.
IM000839-1.jpg

BTW 800X600 but I can make it larger if needed.

I dont want to sound like a prick.. But pics like this are exactly what is wrong with this thread.

You need to seriously put some time and effort into looking for a good place to shoot.

Look at Pole120's pick.. that IMO is calender worthy, its well thought out, the car is clean, there isnt much to distract with the pic.. it just looks clean.

Yours looks like you drove into a gravel pit, pulled out the camera and took a pic and went home to play Halo 2.

My God Kim, that's the nicest picture of a Contour I've ever seen. If you had just Knauberized it, it would have been darn near perfect.

Less comments on Natalie, more calendar picture postings. :)
If you saw that car up close, you'd see why I drive it in the winter and keep the ding guards ON :blackeye:

i have the perfect spot to take a picture near my house, but it is on a main raod and there is no way i could ever get a picture there.
been schemeing on how to do it for two years now!

I dont want to sound like a prick.. But pics like this are exactly what is wrong with this thread.

You need to seriously put some time and effort into looking for a good place to shoot.

Look at Pole120's pick.. that IMO is calender worthy, its well thought out, the car is clean, there isnt much to distract with the pic.. it just looks clean.

Yours looks like you drove into a gravel pit, pulled out the camera and took a pic and went home to play Halo 2.

Don't worry your not sounding like a prick, your just bein honest, I understand my car ain't the greatest. But it is clean for a old car. That's also no gravel pit....thats part of our town's biggest park. :p And I don't even have Halo 2 or an X-box. :blackeye:

Back