• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calendar Pics Submission Thread

Needs less farking ghey about minor PS touch ups. Everyone is pissed because Grymes' pics ownz anything that they could ever produce.

Thats ridiculous. If I buy a calendar, I want the nicest pics possible in there. No way should people be doing major edits, but improving the pics by reducing noise, deleting artifacts and the like is just part of prepping the photo for publication. A photolab doesn't give a rats and just prints whatever is there. Every single picture on my wall has been edited to improve its appearance, but if you look at the small format original compared to the enlargement you would never even notice.

I call BS I think it is all in the pic all skill or luck no help

I dont You are taking pictures with a digital camera, most digial cameras have an autofocus autolighting mode you can use which automatically adjusts the levels. Plus you can change the exposure and do a bunch of effects right from the camera. Skill is using a camera with a lens you adjust by hand, Not using an expensive digital camera that does it all for you.

I think touch ups in PS isnt anything special, like brightness and contrast changes dont mean crap. you can do the same thing in Paint, so its not like its something thats not unavliable to everybody.

It would be my opinion as well, that VERY MINOR adjustments could be made. Changing the lighting a little bit, or a piece of dust is minor. When you start changing the background, and modifying the looks of the car is when the picture should be thrown out. Then again, that is my opinion and that doesn't change the rules. :eek:

Mark

Mark, you are right. That is acceptable. That is exactly what I was attempting to convey. MINOR ADJUSTMENTS (brightness, contrast, color levels, etc) are fine.

warping, transforming, cloning, etc, are NOT. If that made it sound like NO EDITS can be done (though I don't understand how it could have been misconstrued that way, as I said it verbatim earlier) then I apologize.

This thread needs a lot less "needs less" in it, and a lot more submissions.

I call BS I think it is all in the pic all skill or luck no help
I dont You are taking pictures with a digital camera, most digial cameras have an autofocus autolighting mode you can use which automatically adjusts the levels. Plus you can change the exposure and do a bunch of effects right from the camera. Skill is using a camera with a lens you adjust by hand, Not using an expensive digital camera that does it all for you.

I think touch ups in PS isnt anything special, like brightness and contrast changes dont mean crap. you can do the same thing in Paint, so its not like its something thats not unavliable to everybody.

Cannon EOS Rebel Ti ?????????:shrug: Last time I checked it was a 35mm??? could be wrong but hey you know what i take my pics with better than i do so...........

thanks for the comments guys, i really love the first pic...looks so much better in high res., my old camera was a sony 5.1...its about 3 and a half years old, awesome 3 years ago, but i went out and picked up a samsung 7.2....only $200, i know its no high end camera, but i was happy with the price and results

hhi057.jpg

hhi046-1.jpg

svtmeetandxmas145.jpg

Back