• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 quick lighting questions

millertime86

CEG'er
1. Is there any way to rig it so that the lowbeam lights dont flash when you hit lock (making it beep) on the keyless entry? or maybe the highbeams instead of the lows?

2. I just installed a pair of 8000k HIDs and they are like completely white, very very little blue, i thought they 8000 was suppose to be pretty blue, did they send me the wrong kit?

thanks
-miller

Find the keyless entry box, then trace the wire for the headlights and cut it. All you should have to do is stick a voltmeter on the wire when you hit the key, then apply voltage to that wire to figure out if it is the door lock, horn, or lights.

thanks guys, good stuff, ill tackle this project this evening.

and how about the HID question, 8000k is suppose to be pretty blue right? mine is almost completely white, are different brands different or did they prolly send me a 43000 or 6000 kit?

From what I have seen 5300/5400 is about white as it gets. 6000 has a slight blueish tint. 8000 looks like high end audi/bmw with a definate blue.

thanks guys, good stuff, ill tackle this project this evening.

and how about the HID question, 8000k is suppose to be pretty blue right? mine is almost completely white, are different brands different or did they prolly send me a 43000 or 6000 kit?

if the kit is new....wait for it to "color shift"....after 100 or so hours it will settle into it's rated color....over time they will get more and more blue.

Back