• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 Questions About New Site

Is there a way to get it so i dont have to click on the last post for me to do a quick reply? I really dont understand why i have to click the post to let me do one..
Click this at the bottom of any post:
quickreply.gif

I like the 10char requirement and would actually want it to be longer. It encourages people to post something meaningful instead of stupidity like "OMFG LOL!" (which was considered nothing more than post whoring in CEG's distant past).

I know.. Its just.. Why do i have to do it? SVTPerformance dosent need me to.. i just find it odd.

Also, why must every post be 10 Chars?

You complain too much. This *isn't* SVTP, all sites are setup differently. As for the 10 character limit, I'm with Rouar.

Click this at the bottom of any post:
quickreply.gif

I think this is not necessarily a good thing. If someone does a quick reply without reading through the thread, they could be posting the exact thing with no meaningful additional new information (solution). If it is a 3 or 4 page thread, the exact information (solution) might have been mentioned a few times. I think CEGers should read through the whole thread before posting (just in case). But that's just me. :shrug:

The quick reply function requires clicking a SPECIFIC thread because:

In VBulletin, quick reply on the bottom box (when no post is clicked) simply adds the comment to the "bottom" of the thread, (timestampped, I mean) It DOESN'T, however have any link to a particular post, so those viewing in "threaded" mode (instead of the default "Flat" mode) see the posts placed in RANDOM and non-sensical places.

I think this is not necessarily a good thing. If someone does a quick reply without reading through the thread, they could be posting the exact thing with no meaningful additional new information (solution). If it is a 3 or 4 page thread, the exact information (solution) might have been mentioned a few times. I think CEGers should read through the whole thread before posting (just in case). But that's just me. :shrug:

I answered the question he asked, which was how to quick reply without having to scroll all the way to the bottom. I didn't say whether it was a good or bad thing.
Personally, I never use quick reply (NECO uses vb).
I read the entire thread, and hit the old fashioned reply button at the bottom.

This thread is getting more than 2 questions. :laugh:

Do we have a "Mark All Read" button? (in this new site).

in a particular forum, open the "forum tools" tab at the top of the thread.
for ALL forums, open the "quick links" tab at the top.

Does anyone know if there's a way to stay logged on? It logs me out after ~5 minutes. I leave to do something, and come back; I have to log back on. Kind of annoying.

Mark

Back