• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 Questions About New Site

Not an individual forum problem. I had the issue in this forum and troubleshooting earlier. Probably glitches getting worked out.

Yeah, same again for me. Oh well. Hopefully it gets resolved at some point.

Well, the only way to resolve the problem is to get a faster server! :)

I've raised the warning level to twice what was, but that is really crushing the server. We'll see how it goes.

-Lance

Could we by any chance get the blinking PM reminder thing from the old site please? It was a lot easier to see then just a number change.

Could we by any chance get the blinking PM reminder thing from the old site please? It was a lot easier to see then just a number change.

It's not just a number change here. You can set it to do a pop up when a new pm arrives.
If you have a pop up blocker, you can set that to allow pop ups from ceg-vb

+1

Took a few mins, then it came back. Hope this is not going to keep happening. :bah:

I get the "server busy" message almost everytime i log in. It will be fine for 10 min, then i wont be able to see the forum for like 5min, but eventually it comes back.:help:

is there a way to have the main index show no new posts in a forum after you enter a forum if you don't read all of the new posts? this is what the old forum did for me, but now the main index shows only shows no new posts in a forum when I have read all the new posts in all the threads

Click "Forum Tools" (Top toolbar)within the forum you are in, and "Mark this forum read"

how do we use the smileys? at the bottom left of the page, mine says "smileys ON".

svtp uses VB and the smileys come up when you go to advanced reply, on the right side. i cant figure this out.

how do we use the smileys? at the bottom left of the page, mine says "smileys ON".

svtp uses VB and the smileys come up when you go to advanced reply, on the right side. i cant figure this out.

Go to User CP, click Edit Options, scroll to bottom and make sure you're using either Standar Editor or Advanced Interface.

Is there a way to get it so i dont have to click on the last post for me to do a quick reply? I really dont understand why i have to click the post to let me do one..

is there a way to have the main index show no new posts in a forum after you enter a forum if you don't read all of the new posts? this is what the old forum did for me, but now the main index shows only shows no new posts in a forum when I have read all the new posts in all the threads

The other way is when you're looking at the forum index, that icon to the left of where it says "general discussions"...the one with the orange...you can double click that and it marks the forum as all read.

Back