• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

19s anyone?

i just have springs and rest is stock. yes i used to have a heavy system but i took it out for that reason. plus if you add one more person back there with you in the car then a corner is like death, rubs a lot. but no weight and just a passenger or a kid its fine.

What kind of suspension do you have? Some stiff Konis make fix that

Last edited:
Here are mine sorry about the blurryness I was messin with the cam settings..IIRC.
svtpicsatprop002Medium.jpg

19's look awsome, but i wouldn't want to deal with the harsh ride, and the slow driving to avoid hurting them... i ran 18x7.5's and the ride was rough enough... as for no brakes looking good under 19's. thats not true, the Baer brake kit has a 13" rotor along with the caliper would fit and look perfect under a 19" rim IMO... they require 17's just to clear'm anyway

19's look awsome, but i wouldn't want to deal with the harsh ride, and the slow driving to avoid hurting them... i ran 18x7.5's and the ride was rough enough... as for no brakes looking good under 19's. thats not true, the Baer brake kit has a 13" rotor along with the caliper would fit and look perfect under a 19" rim IMO... they require 17's just to clear'm anyway

I have 18s now and the ride is fine, what kind of struts do you have? I agree the 13'' kit would look great with 19s. Im just debating on 19s right now, I have to have some body work done and if its not much more for a color change im going dark gun metal with 19s paint black.

what the hey...cuz im a whore. Its the only thing I have left of the car. Might sell them...not sure yet. Has 235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 tires on stock suspension. Yes they rub in the rear.

n57101443_30254592_8127.jpg

n57101443_30254609_5378.jpg

Im jw if anyone had 19s with koni's. Wondering if they were put all the way on the stiffess setting if they would still rub? BTW nice ride

I like the way my 17" st200s are sitting with the BAT KIT! but I would almost die for a pair of 18s! i think 18s are best and go with the car!

- Amyn 0532

so there anyway to fix this problem? because everytime I'm on the freeway or on road that i'm not able to slow down enough ... i keep on hearing/feeling a huge scrape from the back =/ i'm afraid that it might mess up my tires

Well then im going to ask you... What yr is your car, How many miles do you have on it? Is your car lowered? how big are your wheels? When you here this sound how fast are you going and are you going up or downhill? Do you have a system in your trunk, is so est. how much does it weigh?

Back