• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998.5 SVT Contour

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
1998.5 SVT Contour #4953
Black/MNB
174,XXX

--The Good--

The car idles very smooth and has plenty of power. The car has newer front brakes, new coolant hoses, and 1 year old battery and starter, K&N air filter. Everything works as it should except the A/C. All of the SVT body parts are present except the covers for the jacking points, but they can be found online.

--The Bad--

The clutch is starting to show signs of wear, but a brand new LUK clutch kit ($370) is included with the car. The body needs some work as the car is 15 years old and has some dents and scratches. The driver fender should be replaced (any 1998 to 2000 Ford Contour fender will fit, and black is an easy color to find) and there is a dent on the passenger side by the trunk lock.

All in all, this is still a very good car. It starts up with no trouble and I use it as my daily driver without issue. It is pretty good on gas too. This would be an excellent car to learn how to drive a stick on as you wouldn't have to be affraid to burn out the clutch, a brand new one is included.

$1,000 with the new clutch kit
$850 without the new clutch kit

Craigslist ad with pictures: http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/3801902827.html

3Eb3K23Fa5Nd5Lf5J7&#10.jpg

That is how the car is being sold. I have the matching rim for the back in the trunk, but it has a bend in it. I never got around to having it repaired. The wheels are 17" Superior Scoundrels with a 17" Focus SVT wheel in the back

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back