• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parting Out 1998.5 SVT - Black/MNB

281Thunder

Veteran CEG'er
CAR IS GONE AND EVERY PART IS SOLD...FEEL FREE TO LOCK/CLOSE THE THREAD.

Throwing in the towel on getting all of the rust off of this thing to save it. Pretty much everything is available.

Pictures/prices available on request, let me know what you need! I'll update this post with stuff that is unavilable/sold already to make it easier.

Other Misc. parts I have:
-Pioneer head unit, few years old, will sell cheap, can get model number on request, missing trim ring.
-Good condition black leather steering wheel
-Set of 17" Superior Scoundrel wheels (Cobra R replicas), 3 good shape, 1 has two small bends and a little crack, been told it is repairable, will sell cheap. No tires.
-One Focus SVT wheel, good shape, no tire.
-Extra dash clocks
-Extra coolant tank.
-K&N cone drop-in filter (fits in stock airbox), very dirty, but I have a cleaning kit and will clean it before shipping.

Sale Pending:
-Front bumper, mesh, grille, fog lights
-Gauge cluster
-IMRC controller
-Complete engine/trans

Unavailable parts:
-Floormats (never had)
-Front fenders (rusted too bad, dented)
-Some A/C hoses (cut)
-Sunroof motor cover (broken)
-Spare sunroof motor gear (sold)
-Steering wheel (sold)
-Rear seat belt cover (sold)
-Side skirts (sold)
-Sunroof Assembly (sold)
-Grille (sold)

Thanks for looking! Prefer not to ship large items, but I'll drive within a reasonable distance to meet someone if wanted.

Do you have and side skirt covers pls
Would take two if the tabs are ok
Also The rear seat belt cover..
USPS small parcel to K0C 2J0 Williamstown Ontario Canada

Sale pending locally on the side skirts.

For the seat belt cover...are you talking about the plastic piece on the rear deck that covers the top of the middle seat belt?

Nothing aftermarket if that's what you're looking for. All of the stock stuff is pretty crusty and old, don't think it'd do anyone much good.

All PMs answered, and top post updated.

Hi there! I need a tail light socket shipped to 78640. If you have one I would love to have it. Thanks!

When you say tail light socket...you talking about the part of the wiring harness the bulb plugs into? Driver or passenger side? $10 shipped?

Hey. I want the weird 90degree shaped rubber coupling that connects the metal thermostat housing to the metal crossover tube. In good condition. It's larger in diameter on one end. Know what i'm talking about?

Looking for a spare for my cougar .. how much shipped for the SVT rim ..and can I see pic of it ..
Thanks

I don't believe that spare that was in the car is an SVT spare, just a base Contour spare, from what I've seen in pics (black steel)...would that work? If so, just the rim?

Hey. I want the weird 90degree shaped rubber coupling that connects the metal thermostat housing to the metal crossover tube. In good condition. It's larger in diameter on one end. Know what i'm talking about?

Sorry, this will be going with the engine. If that falls through, I'll let you know.

Lol no I have the FSVT wheels on my cougar right now and it won't hurt to have a another rim to use as my spare ..can I see pic of it plez

Lol no I have the FSVT wheels on my cougar right now and it won't hurt to have a another rim to use as my spare ..can I see pic of it plez

Ahhh I gotcha now. Sorry, I've been crazy busy since last Tuesday, I'll get you a pic tonight or tomorrow evening at the latest. Tire on it is bad, I assume you wouldn't want that.

Hey bro do you still have steering wheel? If so can you pm me with price and how much the ship to 73135? Thanks

Original steering wheel is gone, but I have the black leather one still available if you'd be interested in that.

This is going away on Thursday. Shell and any major metal parts and wiring going to the scrapper. Still have a lot of stuff left I'm willing to let go of cheap. I'll be keeping as much of the major stuff after the shell is gone and will probably make separate threads in the appropriate sections of what is left.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back