• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#1382 Turbo CSVT numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want 11.8-12.0 or less for a FI car. Under WOT that's what I run as does almost every other FI car out there. Why chance it for a few more hp? NA your target should be 12.7-13.0 at WOT!

How about that... someone agrees with me. Thanks :cool: I was beginning to think this was a forum of "know-it-alls" and I would have a better chance convincing the TV of a correct A/F ratio for a blown car ;)

You are exactly right about chancing it for a few more horsepower by running it that lean. There's no point in it unless you really just want to blow something up and fix it.

Shannon

It should remain relatively constant at WOT. Mine hits 11.8-12 when I go WOT and then starts to lean out near readline because of a pegged MAF that I need to fix.

Next time I take the car out, I'll have to see what numbers I get...maybe this weekend.

just this weekend...at WOT, my a/f is about 11.8 to 11.9 and gradually begins to lean out as I near redline where I see about 12.4 to 12.7 at the leanest...maybe there's a problem with the MAF as well? :shrug:

just this weekend...at WOT, my a/f is about 11.8 to 11.9 and gradually begins to lean out as I near redline where I see about 12.4 to 12.7 at the leanest...maybe there's a problem with the MAF as well? :shrug:

haven't checked the numbes but with the updated tune I got over the weekend I consistantly am hitting ~12:1 or lower a/f through out the whole rpm range. but I am also using a 80mm lightening maf.

hmmm...maybe I should switch over to a bigger MAF as well? I recently went with an optimized 4.6L mustang throttle body, do you think that might be contributing to the leaner conditions?

hmmm...maybe I should switch over to a bigger MAF as well? I recently went with an optimized 4.6L mustang throttle body, do you think that might be contributing to the leaner conditions?

not completely sure. you can only get more air into the tb if the turbo can push the air. so maybe its possible as I am sure the turbo can push more air then is needed.

I know in my case that the tune did need to be adjusted. As it went to open loop the fueling was dead on at 12.2:1 give or take. then as soon as it went open loop it leaned out. but if yours is good and then going lean height in the rpm range then it might be the maf as it would get more air then it thinks it is.

I went with the 80mm because reebs said he was pegging the stock maf on his 3L turbo in the summer. So I went straight to the 80mm maf, 42# injectors and the walbro fuel pump to make sure the engine got all the fuel it might need.

u know, it's a lot easier to put what u're running on a sig. that way, no one has to play sherlock holmes to figure out what u've got. are u NA or FI? secondly, i just got an optimized TB too. no difference in AFR numbers.

u know, it's a lot easier to put what u're running on a sig. that way, no one has to play sherlock holmes to figure out what u've got. are u NA or FI? secondly, i just got an optimized TB too. no difference in AFR numbers.

what you don't know all the FI cars on the forum off the top of your head? :shrug:

:laugh:

also since your running a 3L do you already have an upgraded maf? if so that is why you most likely didn't see a difference.

Paul I would see if you can get a datalog and review the maf data and see if it is pegging out.

lol...

Brian, I'll be bringing my xcal to SZ, so maybe you can show me how to datalog...haven't played around with it for awhile (at least not since last year)...:shrug:

omfg a 300hp boosted svt only ran a 13.8????? Dude there's a vid of a guy on youtube with his 95 tour with a stock 3l swap doing a 13.9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back