• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Had a meet with the trailblazer guys today

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Well I went to a meet with the trailblazer guys today at Vengeance racing, I was the only non chevy there ,lol but we still had a blast. I got my first ride in a ss trailblazer today and I must say I was highly impressed. It was a loaded awd one and it cornered like a sportscar and took off like a mofo too.

All the chevy guys when they put my car on the rwd :mad: dyno were like ohh god here is a 4door ford, then it dyno'd and they saw the numbers and were like :shocked: then the dyno guy comes out and says now add about 15% to that since this is a rwd dyno and hasnt ever ran a fwd car. I ended up with 297.29hp and 304.59tq, BUT add another 12-15% on top of that cause its a rwd dyno. So 340-350whp is about right. So needless to say the chevy guys were impressed with a ford this time :cool:

100_1329.jpg

In the shop
100_1333.jpg

100_1331.jpg

100_1332.jpg

ss clone with a killer hood
100_1337.jpg

100_1336.jpg

Now the dyno runs

SS trailblazer dyno, I think he put down 322

My first dyno run 297hp

My 2nd run 295hp

ss one works..i cant get your cars dyno to work

really? thats the first one i clicked;). nice numbers ryan. indulge me a bit if you may as this is how i imagine stuff went down.

chevy guys: hahaha! A ford!? what is that crap doing here?
ryan: i bet i could smoke all of y'all
chevy guys: in that taurus? yeah, right.
...(after dynoing)...
ryan: so who wanted to race me again?
chevy guys:...(cricket chirp...cricket chirp):laugh::laugh:

Yeah the sstb had exhaust,tune,intake,headers, and some other stuff done to it.

Yeah pretty much but I wasnt cocky, I was like yeah its a taurus motor in there with some svt goodies:crazy: Then after one guy who wanted to run em with his sstb said "yeah maybe I wont win" I died laughing and said hey you can "try"

Ohh yeah they do, the guy with the awd one took me for a ride and launched hard as hell, they would kill me from a dig, but from a roll, I own them all.

wow nice :drool: tbss's are pretty hot, way to represent too! just cuz u all know im a moron, why add the extra 12-15% to the #'s, is it because the dyno takes into account drivetrain loss for the rwd?

Last edited:
I havent a clue, all I know is the dyno guy said add it cause this is a dedicated rwd dyno, not a fwd dyno, the rollers are suposed to go one way and with my car on there they were rolling the oposite way.

I know its got more cause on the way home one of the sstb guys was next to me and I walked him no problem.

I havent a clue, all I know is the dyno guy said add it cause this is a dedicated rwd dyno, not a fwd dyno, the rollers are suposed to go one way and with my car on there they were rolling the oposite way.

I know its got more cause on the way home one of the sstb guys was next to me and I walked him no problem.

I could take ya

Back