• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11.5 second Contour SE

i was helping my friend car shop yesterday. we were test driving the car and the seller started telling me how he used to own a contour SVT that ran 9's. he had a quad turbo setup on it, swapped in a v8, and made it a convertible. I asked him to see the car and he said he sold it long time ago. true story though! i'm not lie'in!!! This guy's contour was crazy fast and awesome!!:laugh:

I Was trying to sell my car on craigslist and some guy called and started yapping about his custom work he said he had a 1998 tour atx with an 2.5 it had a 10:1 compression ratio completely gutted out custom built trans by roush he said it was a complete sleeper stock 2.5 with rollers naturally aspirated and he said he beat 03 cobras with it and the good part was when he said it ran close to 11.5 without slicks. what do you think.

Shenanigans and Tomfoolery

he also said he has a saturn sc2 mid engine that was really fast the way he was talking is he is sure in his work and he called me out the blue about hes contour and why he wants mine so i believed him lol

Thats called being gullible and thats all there is to it. imo there wont ever be a 11 second contour, I hope someone proves me wrong but to date there hasnt even been one to hit 12.99 let alone 11, this guy is full of crap!

hey you never know, it could be some guy n Alabama with a 12.2 second gl and likes to keep to himself. Dosent have an internet connection and races at the local drag strip lol it's possible its one out there, am i wrong?

Yes you are wrong, cause we have people on here that own the buisness that makes these turbo kits and many other parts and race alot that cannot do it, if it could be done honestly it would be done by a ceg'er, Period!

i never said he had to have a turbo. now since you brought it up what if he did a complete custom install himself people do it all the time he didn't have to buy you guys expensive kits. probably not 11.5 because thats really fast but you said no contour period would do under 12.99 to this date i disagree i think there is one and you guys havent found it yet.

like i said he probably races by himself against his buddy's old camaro or something its a big world man its someone out there that can do it

Ok well you can be a newb and belive what you want but I have been around here and the contour family long enough to know better not to belive everything I read. If you want to get taken for a ride and buy a "11 second" contour then buy it and see what it runs in the 1/4 mile:laugh::laugh::laugh: Then come talk to us dude. Btw you can buy a resistor chip on ebay that will give you 25whp, you should go buy one:laugh:

And what are you talking about "expensive" turbo kits, these kits from Nautilus are priced VERY good. The previous kit was $5,000-$6,000 if I remember correctly. Wait nevermind you must have gotten a ebay kit for $54.00 thats electric right,lol

I think your little thread in this forum is working exactly for your desires... Its how I would elicit a bunch of replies and counts if it were me: talk about something off the wall so many people will be drawn in.. awesome thought.. well played, sir.
:D :D :D

On topic, however: nobody, even off the internet, is making a Contour run an 11.5.. unless they strap a turbine to the ass-end of it solely for the purpose of being fast, they are NOT driving around in the car, in ANY variant of FWD engine and getting those speeds.. not on this platform..
As soon as you said "quad turbo" I lost interest... where would they fit, and what good would they do?
dual sequential setup? waste of time. quad setup? in to what sort of custom headers that feed 1.5 cylinders each? I mean... c'mon.. it isn't happening..

Ok well you can be a newb and belive what you want but I have been around here and the contour family long enough to know better not to belive everything I read. If you want to get taken for a ride and buy a "11 second" contour then buy it and see what it runs in the 1/4 mile:laugh::laugh::laugh: Then come talk to us dude. Btw you can buy a resistor chip on ebay that will give you 25whp, you should go buy one:laugh:

And what are you talking about "expensive" turbo kits, these kits from Nautilus are priced VERY good. The previous kit was $5,000-$6,000 if I remember correctly. Wait nevermind you must have gotten a ebay kit for $54.00 thats electric right,lol

quad turbo yea thats funny i never said that one but yea im a newb to this forum but not contours i had a 1996 SE with a 2.5 in it in 96. yea its hard to run under twelve with a contour platform thats true it just cant hook to do it. but your overlooking my concept of what i am trying to say the way life is and the world is its someone out there we dont know about who has done it. Thats what i am trying to say. I know your the smartest guy in the world and you invented electricity because you been around that long but its not impossible bro. The insult of you saying i like 50 dollar electric turbos and the cheap fake eBay chip that will gives you lots of power is your way of insulting me because you don't understand what im saying. But you rise the sun dont you sirr! just think about it. also i never said i read this just that it might be possible. I seen a guy do a 720 dunk they said that was impossible. 12 second tour No it is possible and i happen to believe that it has been done please respect my opinion instead of trying to insult me with ebay items lol.

I think your little thread in this forum is working exactly for your desires... Its how I would elicit a bunch of replies and counts if it were me: talk about something off the wall so many people will be drawn in.. awesome thought.. well played, sir.
:D :D :D

On topic, however: nobody, even off the internet, is making a Contour run an 11.5.. unless they strap a turbine to the ass-end of it solely for the purpose of being fast, they are NOT driving around in the car, in ANY variant of FWD engine and getting those speeds.. not on this platform..
As soon as you said "quad turbo" I lost interest... where would they fit, and what good would they do?
dual sequential setup? waste of time. quad setup? in to what sort of custom headers that feed 1.5 cylinders each? I mean... c'mon.. it isn't happening..

i honselty got a call about a mid 11 contour yes it sounds extremely far fetched but i did lol i thought it was a worthy topic of brining to you guys i even forgot about accumulating post when i posted it.

hahahahaha I actually invented the light bulb not electricity,lol instead of trying to spread your useless banter on what you belive stick with the facts, regardless of when you first got a contour (I had one in 97 too) no contour se will ever be in the 11's IT WONT HAPPEN, now have a nice day ebay man:laugh:

no worries, man.. I'm not saying in any way that YOU didn't get a call.. I'm just leary of believing anything that has to do with an 11 second Contour in any fashion..

lol your a funny guy "eBay man" i almost fell out of my chair because that was so humorous it will be done one day but as far as mid high 12 second tours there out there. o yea tell rocky and Bullwinkle i said hi Mr.know-it-all and you sirr have a bless day.

I will seeing that my best friends name is Rocky,lol hahahahahaha so give us a laugh, how much is this "11 second" contour going for?

that's good but just incase you might want to wait a while after you hit 50 posts before you post up whatever you're trying to sell, it might look fishy otherwise.:rolleyes:

imma keep typing after i hit 50 im not trying to scam anyone i wanted t sell some stuff very fast when i first got on here in 2006 and i started post whoring but this place is really intreasting and post whoring i found out wasnt allowed and it was wrong so i stoped and all my stuff i wanted to sell i gave to scott so i don't have anything to sell now so you want see anything from me anytime soon. as far as the 11.5 second contour goes i gave a number to anyone who doubts me i honestly recieved a call on the subject and brought it to you guys.

"the number you have called has a voice-mail box that has not been set up. good bye"

(as of 7:30am, then 1:00pm, then 4:45pm CST)

its not for sale. my svt is for sale on craigslist and a random guy called me and said he owns a 11 second contour and wants to buy my svt to convert into a mid engine two door. as soon as i got the call i posted to you guys.

Back