• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1 piece bumper w/ Mirko anyone? and other custom parts...

try contacting a ford dealer in aussy land and see if you can still get them. it put end's in on it to get one for a mold

im interested to hear a price on a pair of sideskirts with no jackpoint covers. How much do these parts usually cost?

that is if i want to lose it.

i do like the fact its really really really rare

says the guy who is about to be hated by many many people in this forum....

im interested to hear a price on a pair of sideskirts with no jackpoint covers. How much do these parts usually cost?

that's a fantastic idea! i hate worrying about those stupid things eventually being lost. although it would make jacking up the car a little bit of a PITA. i have subframe connectors but even still, i have to use the jack point, then jack from the SFCs.

that's a fantastic idea! i hate worrying about those stupid things eventually being lost. although it would make jacking up the car a little bit of a PITA. i have subframe connectors but even still, i have to use the jack point, then jack from the SFCs.
I've jacked my car from the front subframe and the back tow hooks for years. :)

with a floor jack? is your car lowered?

well i guess it wouldn't really be too big of an issue then. cool. :cool:
Yeah lowered. I gave up on the original jack points forever ago :crazy:

My floor jack has a rubber insert so it grips the tow hooks. I wouldn't use a cheap floor jack on those though it could slip and bend them.

what about a lower rear bumper with a set up like the front bumper w/mirko? kinda like the lip kit asked about earlier.:shrug:

what about a lower rear bumper with a set up like the front bumper w/mirko? kinda like the lip kit asked about earlier.:shrug:
like dean joyce's rear bumper?

rear01.jpg

Hot but I scrape my exhaust pipes already weekly :laugh:

Last edited:
eh, i dont care for that rear bumper. probably looks amazing when youre bagged and its sitting on the ground but not a standard dropped car. ill have to look into what's involved with fabbing something up as opposed to just reproducing something that's already done.

I would definitely be interested in a bumper with an integrated splitter for the right price. I really wanted a Mirko, but I can't see paying over $300 for a little piece of fiberglass. Let me know if you go forward with this.

I would definitely be interested in a bumper with an integrated splitter for the right price. I really wanted a Mirko, but I can't see paying over $300 for a little piece of fiberglass. Let me know if you go forward with this.
Steve, I also would be interested in A) complete front bumper with integrated Mirko-style splitter or B) front splitter only in a flexible material and hopefully with a little more ground clearence.
If you want a bigger market for a front splitter I'd suggest definitely a more flexible material like you suggested and either more ground clearence or two options, one that is higher.
I personally think the Mirko looks great and really finishes the front bumper but would never consider it because its fiberglass and is just a little too low, especially when you lower the car and really drive it daily.
Great idea though,I like the side skirts without covers too but would only be in the market for a front splitter.
-J

making more than one bumper type wouldnt be cost effective. i would ONLY do it if we can get it done in something that is stronger than paper mache (aka fiberglass). with the flexible material (if its anything like polyeurathane) it wouldnt matter that it sits as low as it does. it would be a hell of a lot less likely to break.

ill be working on this this week and ill keep you guys posted with what i can find out.

Steve, I also would be interested in A) complete front bumper with integrated Mirko-style splitter or B) front splitter only in a flexible material and hopefully with a little more ground clearence.
If you want a bigger market for a front splitter I'd suggest definitely a more flexible material like you suggested and either more ground clearence or two options, one that is higher.
I personally think the Mirko looks great and really finishes the front bumper but would never consider it because its fiberglass and is just a little too low, especially when you lower the car and really drive it daily.
Great idea though,I like the side skirts without covers too but would only be in the market for a front splitter.
-J

I'm relatively new to CEG but I think that one of the first things that I learned on here is that the SVT front bumpers have long been discontinued. Seeing as the SVT is my car at school in Michigan, I've kind of been freaked out about that. It is so easy to be driving slowly in a parking lot or something, and if it has not been plowed you can try to turn, not be able to and slide into a pole or curb. Bam! There goes the obsolete bumper... I don't have anywhere to store things like some who snatch up spare parts every chance they get, but it would be nice to have a spare (the old one) if I was able to get one of these new ones.

it would ruin the look if it sat up higher,imho:shrug:

Sounds good, but I still would be more likely to buy if it had just a little more ground clearence, even 1/2".
-J

making more than one bumper type wouldnt be cost effective. i would ONLY do it if we can get it done in something that is stronger than paper mache (aka fiberglass). with the flexible material (if its anything like polyeurathane) it wouldnt matter that it sits as low as it does. it would be a hell of a lot less likely to break.

ill be working on this this week and ill keep you guys posted with what i can find out.

I like the whole integrated idea, but maybe if it were a 2 piece design, more people would be interested- those who just want a more resilient splitter, those who want a whole bumper w/splitter I and even those who just want a replacement SVT style bumper. If it were a 2 piece design and you could include some form of minor height adjustment, then it sounds like it could make everybody happy.

yeah well making everybody happy would cost a LOT more money since more molds would have to be made. for those that NEED to have a 2 piece, they can just use the stock bumper and a standard Mirko.

Back