• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'07 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

The great thing about the Nationals is that its a "run what you brung" affair. No snobs here! I'm just a beer drinking Ford fanatic, and I'm bringing my car so I have something to lean on in the showfield, lest I imbibe one too many Budweisers. :cool:

Seriously -- I'm having a blast getting the car ready -- I'm looking forward to bringing her out and hanging with y'all.

Im certainly not in it to win lol. Just like the last show, i went to it with a two shade car lol(although i lucked out with the lighting where i parked, it was well hidden lol). Im going just for fun. I spend 5 hours there on Saturday usually anyways and this way i get out of school and work too.

yeah im only 18 so i wont be drinkin hahaha. But yaeh it was a blast when I went...i love watchin the guys on the dyno. And I remember that year the contours were only like 300 feet from the dyno area so you could jsut watch from the cars.

Well i think there are actually a good amount of us under 21 that wont be drinking there so you wont be alone. Ian, you, me and if the new member SVT for a 16 year old are all under 21. Anymore? And who needs alcohol for fun.

Moderation, as with anything, is key. Being 21 is a good idea, too --you're right.

I feel like I'm by myself here with this alcohol situation. :shrug:

I don't drink every week, but if I'm going to go to the effort of drinking...I'm going to go all out. :help: :laugh:

Back on topic...:cool:

Does anyone know where the Contours will be in the showfield this year? Don't know off hand if there's any pattern to the layout from year to year. Last year, they were on the hillside -- any ideas on what to expect this time around?

Back on topic...:cool:

Does anyone know where the Contours will be in the showfield this year? Don't know off hand if there's any pattern to the layout from year to year. Last year, they were on the hillside -- any ideas on what to expect this time around?

every time that I have been to carlisle over the years they have been up on the hill

Thanks -- now we'll have to mandate that everyone read the e-brake posts to make sure they work :). Nah -- that's a good spot.

I'll have the car all detailed prior to the drive out, of course -- but where to CEG folks go to do a quick wash just before the show? Nothing like a nice bug on the windshield when the car's on display.

I'm going to get it washed and waxed before I leave, but I'm going to bring that wipe on/wipe off spray wax with me to clean it up again after I get there.

Yeah -- you're right, that's probably all that will be required. I'll keep a little Griot's garage Speed Shine on hand, or equivalent. Its going to be a blast. Weather was excellent last year -- hopefully we get the same this time around.

Back