• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UK-Mondeo ST200 (Contour SVT)

We had the GTO over here too.

Your Mondeo looks fantastical, fantasmical, and overall scruptralescent.

lol some interesting words there, lol

Nice cars !!!

GTO is nice, but Stealth R/T Turbo is better lol...

The R/T Turbo only has SOHC compared the the DOHC on the GTO

the GTO, is gonna be soon supercharged and full engine mods, tis pushing 355bhp (needs dynoing again soon) at mo

Last edited:
Welcome to the CEG Matt! And by the way...am I the only one drooling all over myself on the blue/black interior of the one mondy?? MY GOD I WANT THAT INTERIOR!!!!

I guess that would be reference to my interior.

Only part of 300 made of which theres only 199 left on the UK roads.

Yours for erm well $4000 plus shipping lol

jcth1

ROFL!! That's $3200 MORE than what I paid for the CSVT!! I'm getting something similar done.....buddy's uncle has an upholstery shop....gettin SVT embroidered into the headrests with #2318 in smaller type under the SVT logo. Sweet as hell ride tho man!!

and thats the only colour the ST200 came in, Ford Performance Blue, was only used on the ST200 and the RS Focus.

UNLESS the ST200 was originally bought by the UK Police for Liason and High Speed Pursuit, then the cars were resprayed white

fordmondeocopfront1.jpg

I believe those are actually ST24's someone correct me if I am wrong, but Ford also did an ST24 which basically was everything the St200 was, except it still had the baseline 170 horse 2.5L as opposed to the 200 bhp ST200 motor. The dead give away is the rims.

I'm guessing that those rims and tires are prob. cheaper to replace than the ST200 ones. Last I checked police cars used in high speed pursuits use the fastest setup they could find. i.e. the Police Interceptor found over here. Basically a suped up Vic.

Aye the Blue/Black Interior is off the ST200 Saloon, not my Hatch, i have half leather recaro's.

The Police used to use ST200 for high speed pursuits and liason duties, but as stated those alloys are off the ST24.

The difference between the ST24 and 200 isthe ST24 only has around 170BHP compared to the 205BHP on the 200, the extra BHP is from the SVT parts added (the UIM and Throttle Body to name 2 bits) alot of other things were uprated as well, inlcuding lightened flywheel and performance clutch

when i show the pic of the mondeo next to the mitsu my a friend of mine nearly crapped his pants from laughing so hard. no offense but with the right mods the Mitsi GTO aka Dodge stealth (which is a DSM) could keep up with a modern evo or sti. but i would still rather have the ford.

depends on what you call premium fuel, i try to run it on 99 RON petrol but due to cost, i usually have to settle for 95 RON.

(99 Ron is around 98p per Ltr at mo, 95 RON is around 83p per Ltr, not sure what that works out over there but i think petrol is around 3 times more expensive over here)

How does the average person afford to eat when they have a car?? I understand there's lots of small engine cars over there - but when i had my svt i could blow through 40-50 bucks of gas in a weekend. I can't imagine having to pay $150!!!

well it costs me around £50 to fill the tank which is around about $100, usually fill it up twice a week, so around about £400 ($800ish) a month

you say about loads of small engine cars, my Megane (the yellow car) was only 1.6 16v, but i was spending around about the same in fuel

when i show the pic of the mondeo next to the mitsu my a friend of mine nearly crapped his pants from laughing so hard. no offense but with the right mods the Mitsi GTO aka Dodge stealth (which is a DSM) could keep up with a modern evo or sti. but i would still rather have the ford.

UM, negative on the DSM comment.

The DSM's were the Talon, Laser and Eclipse built in the joint venture Normal Ill plant by mitus and chrysler.

Biggest issue with the stealth and 3000gt's is thier weight. They are PIGS. Weighing in at over 3700 lbs..... yeah not great at all.

Last edited:
Back