• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just installed intake

Yea Joe way to show off. My engine compartment is worse than MarcMiller's.
If that makes you feel any better Marc.
Mines all nasty with dust and grime that came from i don't know where. I would clean it but have no idea what will get it all off? I've already pressure washed it and it did nothing.

Yea Joe way to show off. My engine compartment is worse than MarcMiller's.
If that makes you feel any better Marc.
Mines all nasty with dust and grime that came from i don't know where. I would clean it but have no idea what will get it all off? I've already pressure washed it and it did nothing.

use this stuff!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...itemId=prod63228&displayName=Engine+Degreaser

i hear those products work really well if you follow the directions. just be a little careful around the spark plugs and electrical components when rinsing, and let it dry before starting it.

Be careful with the degreaser though. It might discolor some of the plastics and metal surfaces under the hood and even though its cleaner it will look worse.

try this
1010040285.jpg

hi not meaning to steal this thread or anything but i am wanting to do a intake system with the cone filter but im wondering if i can get away without a heat shield if i run a pipe down through by the splash guard i think...i saw another one like this and wondered if i still would need to get the heatshield...i have no problem buying a heatshield anyway but just wondering if this style would need one...if noone knows what i mean ill try to get a picture of one

back to my intake?....do i need a heat shield or no...ill buy one if someone can give me a link..i dont want to make a ghetto one out of a trashcan.

Basically your filter is going to suck in warm/hot engine bay air which is worse for performance than the stock setup. They do make cheap clip-on shields for cone filters that would cover the top and sides but your best bet is fabbing one up to isolate the filter from engine heat a little better.

Basically your filter is going to suck in warm/hot engine bay air which is worse for performance than the stock setup. They do make cheap clip-on shields for cone filters that would cover the top and sides but your best bet is fabbing one up to isolate the filter from engine heat a little better.

and how can i go about making one?
my best bet would be to buy a cheap one

Well you've already said no to the trash can so the other options are building some metal sheet and bending one to kinda look like the one above (wear leather gloves!) or heading to your local autozone to see what universal stuff they have. There is one brand of filter that comes with a plastic heatshield around it and a snorkel out the front but I forget the brand off the top of my head.

This is a pic of BK4293's car

normal_picture%7E1.JPG

normal_picture%7E0.JPG

certainly not as pretty as a the Pudmunkie shield, but still works noticeably better than no shield at all

im making one out of left over duck work from my house...just redid my basement so we have extra..think it'll work?

ill post pics once i actually start it

Yea your going to need the rest of the trash can to throw up in!!!!
Not that i have any thing better but god lmao that's what i call jank.
But no offense mine does not exist so:shrug:.

Back