• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just installed intake

okay i looked at the intake to see how i could fit the rubbermaid bin there... and with how the fender goes up, how do you form the bin to go over it?

You could either cut the other half of the can to slide over the open top or put some foam around the open top to make it seal against the hood.

no i'm talking about the bottom part of the shield.

Maybe I saw wrong but doesn't the inside part of the fender rise above the bottom of the intake?

So everything that was connected to the filter from the fender should be removed?
Will that increase the ammount of air going into my intake?

So everything that was connected to the filter from the fender should be removed?
Will that increase the ammount of air going into my intake?

If you're gonna install a cone you might as well pull the stuff in the fender because you're no longer going to be drawing air through it like the stock setups do.

In theory yes but where are you ramming the air from, why use a K&N and which heatshield are we talking about?

My questions still apply though. There is nowhere for air to ram into that filter unless you replace the fender snorkel with piping and run in down to the foglight area (they make kits to do it).

I wanna say Ractive is the brand that comes with the full shield but I keep thinking the kit I saw was blue like the Accell filters.

I dont wamna replace my whole intake i wanna add on to what i hve already. I just put it in why would i replace it all.

you could make a sealed box with a larger hose going to the fender to suck cold air in. really though, if you wanna keep this on the cheap, do the trashcan mod.

Im just gonna make a heatshield for my current setup i guess.. Idk any of these mods and things i have no idea how they work and i dont wanna replace what i already have.

Back