• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just installed intake

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
hey guysi just got my custom made (kinda)intake in last night..it sounds good and im guessing it will run better still havent driven it.

now when we took the old filter out their was a black thing kinda in the fender that we pulled out.
now theirs still a black piece that the filter snapped into...should i take all that out thats in the fender too?
think it'll give it more air going to the new intake filter?

its not a cold air its just a ram air from what i know (which isnt alot)

if u want ill post pictures to give yous alittle better details.
im not too good with explaining things im not 100% sure of.

well let me know guys thanks!

I do not know what motor you are running, however, that snorkel in the fender you can leave there or pull right out, makes no difference at all. The bottom part of your air box I would yank out there, makes the engine bay look much cleaner with just your air intake chilling there.

img0729112559_as0xas.jpg

sorry for the huge pics i sent them directly from my phone's aim to ceg.
thats the best i could do without actuallly using a computer.

its a 2.5 v6

thats my intake tell me what u think..

Looks nice your engine is dirty though! But mines worse my engine/compartment is filled with dust. That i can't get off =/. I was trying to do the same thing that you did but i could never find a MAF adapter that would fit until this site. You might wana relocate your IAT and take out the "chrome" piece that that's plugged into. So you can get a bigger filter it makes such a difference though mine sounds really mean with no after market exhaust...yet.

yeah well the chrome piece i had to buy we couldnt get the one sensor off so we left it and got something to connect to it...its pretty loud tho not too loud.

and yea im right their with you with the exhaust..im trying to get one eventually too.

A hot ram air intake! Time for a heatshield.

Personally, I would just replace your intake kit with an SVT intake system and get a K&N conical filter so you can still use the OEM heatshield. You get the best of both worlds.

A hot ram air intake! Time for a heatshield.

Personally, I would just replace your intake kit with an SVT intake system and get a K&N conical filter so you can still use the OEM heatshield. You get the best of both worlds.

Make that a dry media filter and I totally agree with you.

Yea i need to do that to but i am running outa money.:cry:
Where would i get a heat shield any way to fit mine with out the SVT intake?

what can i do with the setup i have on it right now? i just put all that into it i dont wanna go buy something completly different.

is this okay?

it makes my car sound pretty good its not as loud as i thought...any way to increase the ammount of air its sucking in while keeping the same setup?

let me know what yous would do im not that good with this stuff.

what can i do with the setup i have on it right now? i just put all that into it i dont wanna go buy something completly different.

is this okay?

it makes my car sound pretty good its not as loud as i thought...any way to increase the ammount of air its sucking in while keeping the same setup?

let me know what yous would do im not that good with this stuff.

I've got an extra SVT intake with a FRAM filter, I don't have the accordian hose. just the filter housing and filter. but it should mount to your MAF. I'll sell it to you cheap just PM me if you are interested.

The easiest way to make a heatshield but be using part of a small trashcan. I think someone has done that already actually. You could always bend your own out of metal as well.

The easiest way to make a heatshield but be using part of a small trashcan. I think someone has done that already actually. You could always bend your own out of metal as well.
Or out of fiberglass. That's what I did and it turned out great. Even with a heat shield I would still get the svt snorkle part of the intake.

No it will just block the heat and make the engine happier. An open cone is about as good as any intake can sound.

You just need a shield that keeps the engine heat away from the intake cone..... anything like this will do:

newpics047.jpg

Rubbermaid garbage can FTW. It's ghetto... but honestly, by the looks of your engine bay, you don't look at it too much.

Function>Form

Back