• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

getting highest hp out of the 3l

thats probably a good start :shrug:
It is.

Ok I'm gonna listen to the people who seem to know how to make power. So if it has revised pistons it can be decked. Oh options and options.
I'd like to hear more on this too, exactly what needs to be done.
One of the reasons I liked the SVT hybrid is because I want NA power and the compression helps. I don't see decking SVT heads or later Cougar heads (supposedly better oil return) as they give about 11:1 already and I wouldn't push more on DD pump gas.
Would be interested in getting more compression out of an oval port set-up without touching the bottom end.
-J

Ok I'm gonna listen to the people who seem to know how to make power. So if it has revised pistons it can be decked. Oh options and options.

Warmonger was really the first to push the 3.0L to its limits putting down well over 400whp..on stock pistons/rods(according to his butt dyno) when he pushed the engines psi levels close to 18-20psi.

Decking the heads is what timeless420 did to his 3L. He did install...2004 Escape Shortblock * Ross Racing Pistons @ 11.5:1 Compression while he had the engine out of the car.
Currently he has the highest NA 3L Whp /Wtq contour around, and his car is still running strong. 136whp...and 219wtq.

Warmonger was really the first to push the 3.0L to its limits putting down well over 400whp..on stock pistons/rods(according to his butt dyno) when he pushed the engines psi levels close to 18-20psi.

Decking the heads is what timeless420 did to his 3L. He did install...2004 Escape Shortblock * Ross Racing Pistons @ 11.5:1 Compression while he had the engine out of the car.
Currently he has the highest NA 3L Whp /Wtq contour around, and his car is still running strong. 136whp...and 219wtq.

You mean 236whp?... :shrug:

don't forget alot can be had in a good tune. I have heard that a cougar local to me with a ported 3L made 226/203 after a tune, but we are still waiting to get a copy of the dyno plots.

Currently he has the highest NA 3L Whp /Wtq contour around, and his car is still running strong. 236whp...and 219wtq.
That should be broke very soon Im hoping....fingers crossed!!
I got a 01 short block, 11.2CR, SVT cams, PNP heads with 3L valves....yada yada and did 220/200 two years ago. I did a few other power mods...among tune that REALLY helped a bunch (thanks Brett). I just need to get it on the dyno :(

That should be broke very soon Im hoping....fingers crossed!!
I got a 01 short block, 11.2CR, SVT cams, PNP heads with 3L valves....yada yada and did 220/200 two years ago. I did a few other power mods...among tune that REALLY helped a bunch (thanks Brett). I just need to get it on the dyno :(

I'll bring up dyno day scheduling in our meeting at lunch. :)

Lemme know the date so I know its in tip top shape. Should I take the bumper off? The last place we went to I think the bumper will get stuck.

I'll get in on this. :) Need to get mine tuned first though.

Surrrrrrrrrrrre. Just three steps- 1) Apply to Kettering, 2) Pay $14,000 for summer term, 3) Sign up with Firebirds.

Oh, and your car has to DRIVE first. :laugh:

Back