• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Southern Ontario mini meet?

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew any decent stretches of roads in southern ontario. I think most members are somewhere between Toronto and London (with a couple in Ottawa). So if anyone knew any roads around here within a hour or two away, we could have a little meet and cruise?

(I just want to go for a nice drive soon :laugh:)

So tenative possible dates:

July 10/11/12, 17/18/19, 24/25/26.

For me earlier is better than later since I've got exams starting in first week of august.

ever been to forks of the credit?
pretty decent place to drive. just dont get crazy couse its a long way down if you lose it:shocked:

google map,
Forks of the Credit

Caledon, ON

hwy 11. is a good cruise. lots of old gas stations and burger joints.

or we could do the "toronto round trip"
427 south. gardner east. 404 north. hwy 7 west. back to 427 south again

Absolutely I'm interested.

I'm buying my SVTC next week in Ottawa so I won't be able to make it out until after the 20th.

I'm so pumped. :crazy:

What is this 'black beauty'? Sounds like a cool car. I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime since I'm around on weekdays!

What is this 'black beauty'? Sounds like a cool car. I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime since I'm around on weekdays!

lol. It's a stock E0 that I got from Jo4nny after the motor blew:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=37407

It's still got scratches on the rear door, and various rusty spots on it, so it's not that much of a looker...yet. My wife uses it as a dd so we can keep the k's of my SF.

Hi guys. I wouldn't mind joining you if it's on the weekend of 17/18/19 and it's not super far (2-3 hrs) form GTA. My "rebuild title" SVT is slowly getting to where I want it so it deserves a company of some other SVT's to play with:).

i dunno if anyone can make something this short notice but later today I'll be going out for a drive with a buddy (he'll be on a bike) on the backroads from cambridge to cayuga, passing through brantford.

Anyone who's got time is invited!

(this is unrelated to the mini meet!)

The 24, 25, 26 I think is the best for me.

Black Beauty was a little rough around the edges, but interesting tidbit about that car is that the first owner was Daniel Alfredsson of the Senators.

PS: Thanks for that bikeroads map SVTED, I've been searching for something like that for ages.

because it wouldn't be a good idea at all for me to go on the weekend of the 24-26th, I'm gonna propose the weekend of the 17-19th.

So who's available on that weekend? (17-19)

Also preference for a day? I'm gonna assume saturday is best for everyone?

Back